Twitch is one of the most popular platforms as well as a hub for gaming content. The live streaming platform has become the biggest platform for live streamers of all kinds. Likewise, the rapid growth, as well as the success of the platform are mainly because of the USP of the platform. If you are a Twitch streamer or have plans to become one, you may be seeking more information about Twitch affiliates as well as how to become one. Therefore, this article is about a guide on how to become a Twitch affiliate in 2022.
What is the Twitch Affiliate program?
The Twitch Affiliate program is one of the biggest USPs of Twitch as a live streaming platform. Twitch attracts a large number of content creators who sign up to become Affiliates in the program. Likewise, the Twitch Affiliate program is a great way for live streamers to monetize their channels. Monetization, as well as revenue, comes in the form of bits, subscriptions, and advertisements. Twitch Affiliates, on the other hand, cannot be Twitch Partners at the same time.
Going to the main topic of this article, you can become a Twitch Affiliate by following the guide below.
Prerequisites/Eligibility to become a Twitch Affiliate:
1) To be eligible, a streamer must have broadcast 500 minutes in the last 30 days.
2) The minimum number of days required to be eligible for the Affiliate program is 7 unique broadcast days in the last 30 days.
3) Within the last 30 days, a streamer must have at least three concurrent viewers during their live streams.
4) To become an affiliate, you must have at least 50 followers.
Also, note that these eligibility criteria are subject to changes.
How to become a Twitch Affiliate:
1) First and foremost, make sure that you have all your basic details and information ready.
2) Then, by signing up for the Twitch Affiliate Agreement program, you agree to the terms and conditions.
3) Finish both the Royalty and Service Tax Interviews (TIMS). Therefore, you have to provide your tax information to Amazon.
4) Finally, you also have to complete the Tipalti form to confirm your mode of receiving payments. The available payment method options are direct deposit to a bank account, wire transfer, PayPal, check, and hold payments.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.