Dota 2, or Defense of the Ancients 2, is a game that is great for online co-op matches. The game features highly competitive online PvP matches. Therefore, matches can become highly intensive. Likewise, Dota 2 features PvP matches between five-player teams. Teaming up with friends can be a great way to win matches in the game.
You can invite your friends as well as receive invites from them. However, getting tonnes of invites from your friends can become very annoying. This is especially the case when you want some privacy or just want to avoid online matches. Knowing how to appear offline to your friends can help you avoid those annoying invites. This article has a guide on how to appear offline in Dota 2.
A new major update in Dota 2
Valve has given continued support as well as updates to Dota 2. For a massive game publishing corporation like Valve, Dota 2 is still one of the most successful games from Valve. Likewise, the studio recently released a major new update for Dota 2. The new update for the game is a massive one.
However, it is a major update in terms of cosmetics but not game-breaking changes. The new update features the return of a unique mode in the game, the 4-player co-op mode. Additionally, the update included full controller support, as well as a massive revamp of the hero, Mirana. The update also included tons of skins as well as cosmetic add-ons.
Going to the main topic of this article, appearing offline in Dota 2 is a great way to prevent invites. You can follow the steps below to appear offline in Dota 2.
How to appear offline in Dota 2:
1) First and foremost, open your Steam desktop launcher on your computer.
2) Next, log in to your Steam account and go to the main page.
3) Now, navigate to the top menu of Steam and click on the “Friends” tab.
4) Then, you can go to the drop-down menu under the “Friends” tab. Here, you can select the “Invisible” option to change your preference.
5) Once you change the “Invisible” or “Offline” option in Steam, the Steam launcher will now make your account appear offline to everybody on Dota 2. You can also use this process to make yourself appear offline to other Steam users. You can still use other features in Steam while appearing offline.
Defense of the Ancients 2, or Dota 2, is available on a variety of platforms, including Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.