Losing your progression in a video game is a very painful situation. Unfortunately, tons of Hogwarts Legacy players are going through this issue at the moment. Many players have reported that they are losing their saved progress in the game. This is a serious issue that not only ruins the whole experience but also makes the game unplayable. Imagine grinding for hours and then suddenly all your hard work vanishes because you closed the game. Well, if you are also looking for more information about this topic, then you have come to the right place.
Hogwarts Legacy is a beautiful game. It has everything that you expect from an open-world RPG. A vast map with tons of missions. So, you will spend a lot of time exploring the unknown and completing main and side quests. Hogwarts Legacy has both auto and manual save features. This allows you to save your progress before diving into a deadly situation. Unfortunately, a lot o players have been unable to load their saved files. The auto-save also either doesn’t work or loads your progression from way back. This is a very troublesome situation and folks are wondering if there is a fix for this issue.
| Also read: How to fix the Missing Voice and Sound/Audio issue in Hogwarts Legacy?
Hogwarts Legacy players losing Saved Progress Issue: Is there any fix yet?
Unfortunately, there is no official workaround for this issue, as of yet. Although WB Games rolled out an update to patch various bugs, players have confirmed that they are still losing their saved progress in the game. This is very disappointing because many people have lost tens of hours of gameplay because of this bug. This is a worrisome issue for people who paid extra cash for the Deluxe and Collector’s editions to play the game earlier than others. However, one player has a workaround that might help you out. For this method, you will need to follow some instructions.
- Close Hogwarts Legacy and go to This PC.
- Then go to C:\Users\”Username folder”\AppData\Local\Hogwarts Legacy.
- Look for the “Saved” folder and copy it somewhere safe.
- Next, turn off Steam Cloud Saves.
- After this, launch Hogwarts Legacy and create a new character. This will create new save files.
- Again, go to C:\Users\”Username folder”\AppData\Local\Hogwarts Legacy and open the Saved folder.
- Now, access the Saved folder that you copied at a different location.
- Sort the files from Last to First and then look for the last file that starts with GVAS.
- Rename this file as the most recent save that the game made when you created a new character.
- Then, copy this file to the Saved folder in the save directory which is -C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Hogwarts Legacy.
- After you do this, check you have some progression restored.
Note that this is not a foolproof process. The player has reported that they were able to get most of their progression back but some of the stuff was still missing. But, this is still better than losing everything after playing the game for hours. We hope that the devs roll out an actual hotfix update soon. Till then, stay tuned to Digi Statement.