As the price of graphics cards is getting high, which acts as an expansion card for your PC and is responsible for rendering visuals on the display, rises, it is becoming increasingly difficult for the middle class to afford. This article will explain why graphic card prices are beginning to skyrocket in 2021.
A graphics card is a type of hardware that is used to increase a computer’s video memory. It enhances its visual quality.
Modern Graphics Card:
- Modern graphics cards are incredibly advanced devices that function in some ways like standalone computers. They execute a massive number of calculations and are usually the most advanced and powerful components in a computer, especially high-end graphics cards, optimized for gaming and advanced graphics processing.
- A modern graphics card can generate realistic, high-resolution 3D graphics in real-time, eliminating the need for that content to be pre-rendered.
- Modern graphics cards can manipulate and process a massive amount of pixels in real-time.
Reasons for Graphics Card Price Hikes in 2021:
- Graphics cards are in limited supply both globally and in India.
- The main factor for the inflated GPU prices is a silicon limited supply and crypto mining.
- It is indeed due to the company’s marketing strategy in which it will sell its graphics card to a second party, who sells it to a retailer from whom you will purchase the graphics card, causing the price to rise.
Since this pandemic has affected every sector of society, how can the software sector remain untouched? As a result, the price of GPUs is continuing to rise not only in India but also globally. GPUs have always been in high demand, making it hard to acquire them. The emergence of the COVID-19 disease outbreak contributed to the distribution network complexities.