Fortnite, the free-to-play multiplayer game is a popular option amongst PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 players. The game developers often roll out frequent upgrades to provide a better gaming experience to the players. But sometimes, the updates can take quite some time, with the file sizes being extremely huge. How can you auto-update Fortnite in PS4 and PS5? Read this article to find out the instruction.
Fortnite: Auto Update on PS4 and PS5
- Head to Settings from the top.
- As the Settings open up, scroll down to System and click on it.
- Therefore, when the System category opens up, scroll down to Power Saving.
- Hence from the Power Saving tab, you will see an option called Features Available in Rest Mode.
- As you click on this option, you will come across various options. One of them would be to Stay Connected to the Internet.
- This feature allows your console to download update files and content while being in rest mode. Enable this option.
- Now head back to the main Settings menu. This time, scroll down and select the Saved Data and Game/App Settings option.
- As the Saved Data and Game/App Settings open up, you will see vertical tabs on the left-hand side. Click on Automatic Updates.
- From here, you can enable the Auto-Download feature. By enabling, your PS5 will be checking for the latest updates regularly. Henceforth the system would also download the files once the updates are available.
- Along with this, you also need to enable Auto-Install in Rest Mode.
With this, you can get Fortnite and other available games updated while you are sleeping or when your PlayStation is in rest mode. As a result, you do not need to stay awake and keep the PlayStation switched on, just to download the updates manually, or the updates from scratch. Hope this article was able to help you out. Like this, you can also read our other articles on PlayStation guides, fixes and updates by heading here.