Battle Royale games are most enjoyable when played with the lowest ping possible, no lag, and latency. But unfortunately, some Fortnite players are unable to get these privileges while playing it on Windows 1. As you must know, Windows 11 has recently launched worldwide. So, if you are also getting troubled by the high ping, lag, and latency issues of Fortnite on Windows 11, then this article will guide you on fixing these issues.
Fortnite High Ping and Lag Issue Windows 11: Fix
These issues can be very frustrating for the Battle Royale players when they lose a battle because of them. Therefore, we are here to guide you. Follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the Fortnite High Ping and Lag issue on Windows 11.
1) Check the game servers: The first thing that you would want to do is check the servers of Fortnite. This step is important because sometimes the servers are under maintenance and therefore, the players face high ping and lag issues. To check the current status of the Fortnite servers, head here. You can also check the game’s status on third-party informers like Downdetector.com.
2) Check your Internet Speed: Most of the time, a bad internet connection is the only reason for the high ping and lag issues. So, check your internet speed on any browser Speedtest. The ping must be below 100ms to play Fortnite smoothly. So, if it is showing more than that, you must take the following measures to make sure that you get the best out of your network connection:
Disconnect other devices from your WiFi network
End any unnecessary tasks on your PC that might be sucking all the speed. It may be Google Chrome, Any game downloading on Steam, etc.
Switch to a wired ethernet connection. It will prioritize your PC and provide the best possible speed.
Switch to a VPN if the problem is persisting
Try removing VPN if you are already using one.
Upgrade your monthly plan if you have a plan of speed less than 70 MBPS.
3) Give this command: Open Command Prompt from the Start menu (search CMD and hit enter) and enter the command, “ipconfig /flushdns“. This command will successfully flush the DNS Resolver Cache.
4) Changing DNS Server: Changing the DNS can help you eliminate this issue. To do this, follow these steps:
Open Control Panel and click on Network and Internet (Category wise)
Select on Network and Sharing Center, and thereafter, select your connection.
A new window will open, containing some general information about your connection. Now, head to Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4 (Double-click) > Check “Use the following DNS server addresses”.
Here, set the preferred DNS server to 188.8.131.52 and Alternate DNS server to 184.108.40.206.
5) Update your Network Adapter: To update your Network Adapter, head to Device Manager (from Windows Search Bar) > Network Adapters > Select your Network Adapter > Update Driver
6) Windows Update: Updating your Windows to the latest version is also essential to fix any bug that might be causing this issue.
So, this was how you can fix the Fortnite High Ping and Lag Issue on Windows 11.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.