Among Us is deduction themed multiplayer game, developed and published by Innersloth. It was released in 2018 for iOS and Android devices but did not see much popularity until the pandemic. It received a little popularity in the beginning of 2020 when some big names in the Twitch and YouTube industry started to stream the game. However, in September 2020, the game reached it’s peak with 3.8 million users. There was such a surge in the traffic that the game’s servers came crashing down because of overload and sudden increase in players.
Among Us is a space-based game in which the players either become crewmates or imposters. The crewmate’s goal is to identify the imposter and get the imposter voted out. While, the imposter’s goal is to hide its identity and kill all of the crewmates. While playing the game, users most definitely would have noticed the lack of voice chat. The game only has an in-built text chat system.
Players usually used alternatives like Discord to fill the gap until CrewLink, a creation by Purple Gorilla showed up. CrewLink is similar to the Proximity Chat feature of the game which was recently introduced. It lets users talk when they are standing close to each other in the game. Users can set their mic to be always ON or ‘Push to Talk’.
Whenever there is an issue with CrewLink, the player gets a red circle around their character in the CrewLink app. This could be due to a number of issues. So, we are going to share with you some common fixes to this problem.
Follow these steps to get your CrewLink working again:-
- The most basic thing to check is that whether the CrewLink app is properly installed and updated to the latest version in all players computers.
- Make sure that all the players are connected to the same server. The server can be public or private but it needs to be the same for all the players. You can check your server by opening the CrewLink app and going into Settings. Scroll down to check your ‘Voice Server’, now make sure that you are connected to the voice server.
- If all the players are getting a red circle around their character in the CrewLink app, the server has issues. Try using a different server.
- Check whether that your mic is mot set to ‘Push To Talk’ and if it is, make sure that you are pressing the right keyboard key while talking. You can check this in the Settings section of the CrewLink app.
- Make sure that no other application is using your mic. The simplest way to prevent this from happening is, Restart your PC. Open CrewLink then Steam and then Among Us. Check now whether your mic is working or not.
NOTE – Screenshots used in this article have been taken from TroubleChute’s YouTube Channel.