Mass Effect Legendary Edition is like heaven for sci-fi lovers. Whether it is seeing the sights of the Citadel or just exploring galaxies in the game, the game’s graphical beauty is impeccable. The Mass Effect Legendary Edition is a huge step forward in modernizing a trilogy, and 14 years later, the scope of this remaster is mind-boggling. The modified skyboxes smoke effects and volumetric lighting are some of the features that weren’t found in the previous three editions. However, the game has several flaws in it too. One of them is the Controller Not Working error. So in this blog, we will show you how to fix the Controller not Working error in Mass Effect Legendary Edition.
About Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Recently released in May 2021, this is one of the thrilling and intense video games consisting of 3 games under the Mass Effect trilogy. It contains content from all these 2 games in the single-player mode which will definitely appeal to you. The game was published by a very renowned publisher called Electronic Arts.
You can create and customize your own character ranging from appearance and skills to a personalized arsenal and then lead your elite recon squad across a galaxy in turmoil. There is an addition to the new edition; the default female Commander Shepard model from Mass Effect 3, which was previously unavailable in prior installments, is now used across the trilogy.
How to fix the controller not working on PC in Mass Effect Legendary Edition?
Many players have reported that they are facing issues with connecting their controller to their PCs while playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Although there can be a wide range of causes for this nerve-wracking error, we do have some fixes which will fix the error on your devices.
Method 1: Use Steam Settings
You could try using the Steam settings to see what’s wrong with the controller being connected to your PC.
- First of all, connect your controller to your PC using regular settings.
- Then open the Steam client.
- After that click on “Steam” in the upper left corner and then go to Settings and then click on Controller and then navigate to General Controller Settings.
- Then checkmark Xbox Configuration support (Or on the controller of your console)
- Under Detected Controllers find your controller.
- Click on the controller and then select Define Layout.
- Save all settings and then restart the game to see if the controller is now connected.
Method 2: Download the Xbox 360 Controller Emulator
Click on this link to navigate to the website of the emulator.
- Firstly, click on the “Download for 64-bit games” button. (It supports all joystick versions, including the PS4, Logitech controller.)
- After that run the x360ce_x64.exe application in the Mass Effect Legendary Edition folder.
- Then click on the Create button.
- Extract the zip to the folder where Mass Effect Legendary Edition is installed.
- Also, make sure the USB is plugged in.
- After that click on the Create button.
- Then click on the Next button and then on the finish button.
- After that go to the Game Settings tab.
- And click on the “Apply/Synchronize Settings” button.
- Click on the OK.
- Go to the Controller 1 tab.
- And finally, click on the Save button.