Note: This post has been updated on March 13, find the updated content at the end of this post.
The server maintenance period for Escape from Tarkov is about to end and Battlestate Games has started to roll out the new update for the game. The new update will start to roll out for all users after the server maintenance of the game for the PC platform, which is currently in process. Also, the new update brings the new patch version 0.12.4 and introduces several changes and bug-fixes in the game.
Battlestate Games on the official Twitter account has already posted some of the details about the new patch. According to the official tweet, the new patch will reset the endurance and strength skills leveling to zero for all the players. Along with this, the post also mentioned that a new weight system will be introduced too.
The new patch update will fix several bugs too. According to the official statement, no major features will be added. Escape from Tarkov is currently unavailable, the game will be unavailable for three hours. And after the server maintenance period, a new patch will be deployed for the PC platforms. Stay tuned, we will be updating you with the latest related news.
For more details, you can check out the official patch notes mentioned below.
Escape from Tarkov Update 0.12.4 Patch Notes –
- Interchange location has been reworked
- Interchange location lighting has been updated
- New interactive objects, new location exfils
- Various problems with culling, physical colliders have been fixed
- New mechanics, overweight. The character receives various debuffs while carrying a certain amount of weight (increased equipment noise, movement speed limits, increased stamina consumption, etc.)
- Fatigue effect debuff has been added, which appears if the character keeps the stamina at a low level for a long time. Energy consumption increases with this effect.
- Now The character’s stamina indicator is divided into arms and legs. The arm’s stamina is consumed when aiming, throwing grenades and fighting with melee weapons. The legs stamina is consumed during sprinting, jumping, changing body positions, etc. Also, the legs stamina starts to drain when the hand’s stamina drops to zero.
- The “trading “flea market”, “inventory” buttons have been added to the bottom panel of the interface for quick access.
- New hand grenades based on the VOG-17 and VOG-25 prototypes.
- The resolution of your screen is automatically determined and applied as standard settings, at the first start of the game.
- New weapon mods
- New sets of character customization and equipment
- New BEAR top called “Telnik”
- New BEAR pants called “Tiger”
- New USEC top called “TIER2”
- New USEC pants called “Commando”
- New SCAV top “Olimpic shirt Russia”
- New body armor, tactical vests, backpack, helmet, active headset
- Grenade case
- New barter loot and new trading schemas requiring this loot
- New hideout crafting schemas
- New quests with new outfits as a reward
- Minor lightning optimizations
- Minor decals optimizations
- Various server stability optimizations
- Fixed a bug in which saving the weapons preset, all inventory, and trading operations could freeze
- Fixed part of inventory display bugs at 2k (or 1440p) screen resolution
- Fixed a bug where AI corpses could disappear during reconnect
- Displaying of notifications while receiving weapons from a SCAV box has been fixed
- Fixed a bug when the production timer might not be updated when the generator ran out of fuel
- Fixed a bug when it was impossible to enter the hideout after transferring graphics cards from the Bitcoin farm
- Fixed a bug when the context menu did not appear on items brought by SCAV
- Fixed a bug when the item could remain unexamined after production
- Fixed a bug when you, with a pistol or melee weapon, press the sprint button twice, the character runs in place
- Now you won’t be kicked to the main menu, after receiving a “the stash is full” error
- Fixed hideout bug which allowed to appear a window for transferring items from the first-person view
- Fixed pop-ups which can appear not in the center of the screen
- A bug while the pop-up with a list of missing items appears beyond the screen
- Fixed a bug which caused errors at the flea market while there are barter offers
- Another various bug fixes and corrections
- Stimulants parameters have been adjusted, debuffs became weaker
- The weight of various items has been adjusted
- The flea market is now available from the 15th PMC lvl (was lvl 5)
- Small reflex sights marks were downscaled (aimpoint, romeo, trijicon)
- Accuracy values in weapon characteristics are now displayed in Minutes Of Angle
- We added a weapon name to the standard weapon presets, which they relate to
(Update – March 13)
Battlestate Games rolled out the new patch update 0.12.4 yesterday. The new patch targets to fix several bugs. Well, the developers successfully eliminated the bugs, but the new patch created some new issues.
The developers reacted firmly and addressed the issues. And finally, Battlestate Games is rolling out a new update for Escape from Tarkov to fix those issues.
According to the official statement, the update has already been applied and it’s live now for all users. Players can update the game through the launcher.
Official Statement: We’ve installed a technical update of the client with different fixes. Everyone needs to download the update through the launcher