Escape from Tarkov is an indie, massively multiplayer online, first-person shooter video game being developed by the Russian studio Battlestate Games to be released on Windows.
Battlestate Games today announced the upcoming update for Escape from Tarkov. The new update, which carries a new patch, will bring game optimization and several bug-fix. The new update will go live after the server maintenance, which has been scheduled for tomorrow, April 08. We have mentioned the details below, check it out.
According to the official tweet by Battlestate Games, the new update will bring patch version 0.12.4.6617 to the PC platforms. And the update will start rolling out after the maintenance. The maintenance is scheduled for April 08, 12:00 PM Moscow time. And the expected downtime of the server is three hours. During the downtime, the game will not be available to play.
Official Tweet –
Tomorrow, at 12:00 Moscow time, we plan to start the installation of the game update 0.12.4.6617 for #EscapefromTarkov. We plan to complete it within three hours – during this time the game will be unavailable
The developers have shared release notes for the new update officially. According to the shared details, the new update aims to fix various bugs causing minor freezes and stuttering in the game, which were reported by the community.
If you wish, you can check out the official patch notes below, for finer details on the same.
Escape from Tarkov Update 0.12.4.6617 Patch Notes –
– Fixed some causes for the main freezes during combat
– Various bugs causing minor freezes and stuttering have been fixed
– Fixed a bug where ammo was visually being spent in the hideout’s shooting range (and related bugs)
– Fixed a bug of the ability to get to the Lab during nighttime
– Partial interface layout fixes for 4:3 screens. The screen layout for selecting the location and group lobby got affected
– Fixed a bug that occurred when trying to buy mods for a weapon preset
– Various technical changes