Canadian No Pangolier Dota 2 player lukiluki reported that the organizers of the Moon Defender Cup tournament replaced the participants with bots during the championship. The player wrote about this on Twitter.
According to lukiluki, the organizers of the championship turned out to be scammers who are trying to make money on bets using fake matches. On Twitter, the esportsman attached a screenshot showing the result of one of the event cards – it ended in six minutes, and bots played instead of the players as you can see above.
The Moon Defender Cup is an online tournament featuring eight teams from the Americas. The prize fund of the championship was $ .5 thousand. Information about the tournament has already been removed from the Liquipedia website, and many bookmakers have closed the lines for the Moon Defender Cup matches. However, some offices not registered in Russia continue to accept bets on the event.
Beware of Fake Tournaments
– Regular tournaments, after which the organizers disappear and do not pay the prize money.
– Tournaments in which other people from fake accounts played under certain tags and names.
– The Tournaments with one-day teams that appeared from nowhere and it is not clear why they received invites.
– And also Tournaments, the organizers of which contact the participants with a proposal to hand over the match.
– Tournaments that are interrupted after a stage and do not resume. Of course, participation fees are not paid.
Follow us for more Dota 2 news and updates.