For many Discord users, font size and scaling need changes. Are you looking for the same fix? Please read this guide as we mention all the step-by-step procedures you can follow to change the text size and scaling in Discord.
Changing Scaling And Font Size on Discord
- To change the text size and scaling, you can access Discord from the PC software. Along with this, we can also change the font size from a web browser.
- Go to the bottom left corner of Discord. Here you would see your username.
- Near it, we will get the option of Mic (on/off) and headphone icon.
- We also get the option of User Settings. Click on the User Settings.
- As the User Settings opens up, we see a range of sub-categories to choose from.
- Under the App Settings options, you will find the option of Appearance.
- As you click on Appearance, we get to see a lot of options. The one on the utmost top is the Preview. This is where you will get to see how the changes you made would look like.
- This would be followed by changing the Discord theme between Light and Dark.
- Scroll a bit down, and you will find the sub-heading of Accessibility
Change Text Size & Scaling
Under this, we get the option of
- Chat Font Scaling,
- Space Between Message Groups, and
- Zoom Level
- Hence, by increasing or decreasing Chat Font Scaling, you can observe in the preview how the font size gets bigger or smaller (this depends upon your preference). The default setting is 16px.
- By tweaking the Space Between Message Groups, you increase or decrease the gap between messages. This option changes the line spacing of messages in Discord. The default setting is set at 16px.
- Lastly, we come to Zoom Level, where it changes the whole zoom level of the Discord software (or Discord interface, if you are using a browser). This is usually not recommended to be tweaked. The default remains at 100.
Henceforth, if you are looking forward to changing the general Text size and fonts on Discord, tweak the Chat Font Scaling per your preference. If you wish to change the Scaling, you can do the same from Space Between Message Groups. This came as a major update for Discord users after customer care registered many complaints regarding this issue.