First person shooter games are not new. Counter Strike Global Offensive was initially released in the year 2012. We have seen the uprising of great gamers like Shroud from CS: GO. It is saddening to see users faced with the file not uploading issue. Today, we will help you to resolve the File Uploads are disabled issue on CS: GO.
CS: GO is a team game. It comes as no surprise that there are community servers in the game. It helps players team up so that they have a great in-game experience. Players are getting this issue while joining the community servers in the game. To fix this, follow the solutions mentioned below.
Fix 1: From the Console Window
- Launch the game through the Steam Client.
- Open the console by pressing the tilde key. You will find this key generally with the backtick key.
- In the text box of the console, type sv_allowupload 1
- Close the window and try to rejoin the server.
Fix 2: Change Launch Options
- In the Steam client, right-click on Counter Strike Global Offensive from the list of games on the right.
- Then, click on Properties.
- Under the General tab, locate the Launch options.
- Enter the text +sv_allowupload 1
- In case you have other launch options specified, go to the end and put a space between the old and the new command.
- Close the window and simply launch the game.
These two fixes will resolve the error. You should keep in mind that the former is a temporary fix while the latter one is a permanent fix. It is better to go with the latter one as you don’t have to bother yourself every time you join a community server.
A special thanks to TroubleChute for covering the solutions in his YouTube video. You can also check out the other videos for various games.