If you are looking for information regarding some fixes as well as workarounds for Civilization V crashing on Windows 11 issue, you have come to the right place. Sid Meier’s Civilization V is a very popular strategy game. Likewise, it is a game that has a massive player base. However, there are many issues in the game including crash issues on Windows 11. This article is therefore regarding some fixes as well as workarounds for Civ 5 crashing on Windows 11.
Going to the main topic of this article, you can find out all the latest information you need regarding some fixes as well as workarounds for crash issues in Civilization V by reading below.
Here are some fixes as well as workarounds for Civ 5 crashing on Windows 11 –
Verify the integrity of the game’s files –
Missing or corrupted game files may be the reason for crashes in the game. Therefore, a fix that players can follow to resolve the crashes is to verify game files on Steam. Players can follow the steps below to verify files integrity –
- First and foremost, you have to launch Steam and click on the Library.
- Next up, you have to locate and right-click on Sid Meier’s Civilization in your games library.
- After right-clicking on the game, you have to click on Properties.
- Then, you have to click on LOCAL FILES.
- Finally, you have to click on VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE and wait until the game’s file integrity check is completed.
Update your graphics drivers –
A workaround that players can follow to resolve crash issues as well as improve performance is to update graphics drivers. Likewise, stability, as well as frame rates, may also see improvements by updating your graphics drivers to the latest version.
Update DirectX on your Windows 11 PC –
Another workaround that players can follow to resolve the crash issues in the game is by updating DirectX. Likewise, players can simply update DirectX by following the steps below –
- First and foremost, you have to go to your keyboard and press the Windows logo key.
- Next up, you have to type in “check” in the search bar.
- From the results, you have to click on Check for updates.
- Then, you can follow the instructions so that Windows Update automatically downloads as well as installs the latest DirectX.
- Finally, you can relaunch the game and see if it fixes the issue.
This was an article regarding some fixes as well as workarounds for Civ 5 crashing on Windows 11. You can also check out another article on game news as well as guides by keeping up-to-date with Digistatement.