Chivalry 2 is a game that demands high graphics output. For the average gamers, it is not possible to upgrade their GPU. Well, we are here for your rescue. There are quite a few tricks that can bring out the best of your PC. These methods will boost fps for Chivalry 2.
- In the Windows search bar, type GPU.
- Open the GPU settings and enable the hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling.
- Under the Graphics performance preference option, select desktop app and then click on browse.
- Navigate to the Epic games folder on your computer.
- In the Chivalry 2 folder, select the Chivalry 2 beta win64 exe file and click on add.
- After it appears in the list, select it and then click on options.
- In the performance screen, check the high-performance radio button and click on save.
- Do the same for another executable file in the Chivalry 2 folder. To add this file, follow the path – Chivalry 2 -> TBL -> Binaries -> Win64. Add the file to the list and select high performance as before.
- Right-click on the desktop and open the Nvidia panel. You can open the same from the Start menu as well.
- Open the manage 3d settings list under the 3D options.
- Navigate to the Program settings tab.
- From the drop-down menu, select Chivalry 2. If it is not present, add the game using the Add button.
- You can keep the settings as mentioned below –
- Image Sharpening – Sharpening off
- Anisotropic filtering and Antialiasing – off
- Antialiasing gamma correction – on
- Antialiasing mode – Override any application setting
- Background Application max frame rate – off
- CUDA – GPUs – All
- Low latency mode – on
- Max frame rate – Off
- Monitor technology – G-sync
- MFAA – off
- OpenGL rendering – Auto-select
- Shader cache – on
- Texture filtering – on
- Negative LOD bias – Allow
- Quality – High Performance
- Trilinear optimization – on
- Triple Buffering and Vertical Sync – off
- Pre-rendered frame rates – 1
- These are the preferred settings. If you have more or slightly different setup, adjust the settings accordingly. For settings that you don’t understand, you might go with the Nvidia suggested options.
- Also, head over to the change resolution option from the left-hand menu. Select the refresh rate as the highest value available.
Clean up your PC
- Type disk cleanup in the Windows search bar to open the Disk Cleanup.
- Select the drive that contains the Windows OS.
- Check the boxes and then click on Ok and then on delete files.
- You can also do the same for system files.
These optimization settings will undoubtedly boost the overall game performance. There are other tricks to increase system performance. You should change the power plan of your PC to Ultimate power plan. To know more about the methods to boost fps for Chivalry 2, you can check the YouTube video of TroubleChute.