Note: This post has been updated, check out the updated content at the end of this post.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is about to get the new patch update today after the arrival of Warzone update on March 10. Well, the patch will go live in a few hours, but Activision has already posted an update on the official blog teasing what will be available with the new patch.
Well, the update will start rolling out at 11 PM PST across all platforms simultaneously. The new update carrying patch version 1.18 will bring a new multiplayer map, new operator, new weapons and few other changes. Developers will be focusing on fixing several bugs, which were reported by the community.
(Update: Talon Operator Bundle was supposed to release on 24 March, 10 AM PT. But, it looks it has been delayed. Infinity Ward tweeted officially and mentioned that the title update will release later this week. The developers haven’t mentioned any reason, but it’s probably because of the Covid-19 pandemic.)
Talking about the upcoming content. Activision confirmed the arrival of a brand new 6v6 Multiplayer Map named Khandor Hideout in Modern Warfare. Whereas in Warzone four new weapons will be available – the 725, MK2 Carbine, .50 GS, and EBR-14. Activision mentioned that each weapon comes with distinct strengths in its class.
Other than, a new operator is making his way to Modern Warfare. The new operator, named – Talon, will be joining the Coalition side. The all-new Talon bundle will be available in the store after the patch update.
Well, that’s all about the upcoming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare update 1.18. But, we will be mentioning the official patch notes below. Make sure to check it out for finer details.
(Update – March 26)
The official Twitter handle of Infinity Ward just posted and confirmed that the new update for Call of Duty will be releasing tonight. The new update will bring changes to Modern Warfare and Warzone. The patch will go live at 11 PM PST across all platforms
Check out the official patch notes below –
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Update 1.18 Patch Notes –
- When using a Tactical Insertion in the crawl space near the oil derrick on Rust, the player will spawn elsewhere on the map instead of where the Tac Insert was placed. This has been fixed
- When using KBM, the navigation arrows used to change which Season you’re viewing go in the wrong direction. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where the killcam showed the player they were killed by Thermite rather than underbarrel thermite
- In some cases, Xbox players might experience in-game stuttering after the console has been in Rest Mode and the “Instant On” setting is enabled. This has been fixed
- Fix for a bug where players could see Daily Challenges rewarding duplicate rewards instead of XP
- We now show weapon and equipment counts in the killcam. If a player was using Stopping Power, then the ammo count will be orange to denote this. We also show whether a player was using Dead Silence in the killcam as well
UPDATE – March 27
The new update has gone live across all platforms. We have posted dedicated articles for Modern Warfare and Warzone patch notes. Check out the link below for finer details.