For gamers, language plays an important role. Henceforth when it comes to Apex Legends, a lot of gamers look forward to changing language. Interestingly enough, a language they go for is Japanese. Players look forward to changing the audio language to Japanese. As a result, players are looking forward to enjoying the game in a new language experience. How to change the audio language from English to Japanese? In this article, we share the details to change the audio language from English to Japanese.
Downloading Audio Pack
- Open Apex Legends from Steam.
- As the Steam library opens, select Apex Legends and right-click to select Properties from the option.
- With the Properties Window opening up, open the Languages Tab (which would on the top, towards the right)
- After the language option opens up, you will get a drop-down menu
- From this menu, select the language you want to go for (in this case, Japanese)
- Upon selection of the language, we will get to see Apex Legends automatically going for an update
- This update will download the new audio pack
Unlike Origin, when a language gets changed in Steam, the library software deletes the older language pack. Henceforth we need to find the audio pack files.
Locating Audio Pack Files
- From Language Tab, head to Local Files Tab (will be towards the left)
- Upon opening of Local Files tab, select Browse Local Files
- As you click on it, a folder will open up.
- From Window Explorer, the Apex Legends folder will open up. Select Audio
- Here in the Audio folder, we would get to see the language files
But how do we back this up?
Backing up Audio Files
Simply rename the files (like adding an underscore initially) or transfer the files to another folder. Now go back to Steam and select Apex Legends. From here, go back to the Language change procedure. For this, right-click Apex Legends on the left and select Properties. As Properties open up, select the Language tab, which would be on the extreme right side. From here, you will change back to English, from Japanese (or the language of your choice). But since we tweaked the files with renaming/relocation, the library would not detect the same. Hence you would be able to access the Japanese audio files since they can’t get deleted.
Adding Launch Option
- To ensure the audio language changes but the UI remains in English:
- Open Apex Legends from Steam and select Properties
- This time, from the Properties tab, select Set Launch Option
- As the option comes up, type out +miles_language japanese
With this, we can successfully change the audio language while the UI language remains in English.
For more such updates, read DigiStatement.