A very common issue that Apex Legends players face is the error DXGI_Error Device_Hung in Apex Legends. Likewise, many players are looking for fixes regarding this issue in the game. This article is therefore regarding the steps on how to fix Apex Legends DXGI_Error Device_Hung error.
Apex Legends DXGI_Error Device_Hung: How to fix it?
Here are the required fields for this issue in the game –
Disable Spot Shadow –
A very effective fix that has worked for many players in Apex Legends is disabling Spot Shadow. Likewise, this can be a fix that improves the overall performance of the game as well. The game faces issues while rendering some areas of map when spot shadow is on. Therefore, it is a good idea to disable Spot Shadow in the Settings to get rid of this error.
Download and install all available Windows Updates –
Another fix that you can also follow is to make sure that you download all Windows updates. Likewise, new Windows updates bring features, fixes as well as optimizations to system performance. Outdated versions can hinder the performance of your system. Consequently, this results in issues in performance in games. Therefore, always download and install all available Windows updates.
Run System File Checker on your Windows System –
1) First and foremost, you have to open the command prompt. In order to do this, you have to type Command Prompt or cmd in the Windows Search box.
2) Next up, you have to right-click on the Command Prompt result and click Run as administrator.
3) Then, you have to allow Administrator permission.
4) In the command prompt, type the following command- ‘sfc /scannow’, and then press ENTER. After this, the error should be fixed.
Perform a clean boot –
1) First and foremost, you have to open the Start menu and type msconfig in the search box. Then, you have to hit Enter to search.
2) Next up, you have to click on the System Configuration window.
3) Then, you have to click on the Services tab and tick the Hide all Microsoft Services option.
4) After doing so, you have to click the Disable all button. Now, you have to click on the Startup tab after opening Task Manager.
5) Now, you have to right-click and choose Disable on each of the programs.
6) You have to close the Task Manager window to return to the System Configuration window.
7) Finally, you have to Click OK to save your changes and restart your computer.
Clear your Origin cache:
1) First and foremost, you have to close Origin by clicking Exit in the menu bar.
2) Next up, you have to hold the Windows key + R to bring up the Run command box. In the command box, you have to type “%ProgramData%/Origin” and click OK.
3) Then, you have to delete every file as well as folders besides LocalContent.
4) Now, you have to bring up the command box again. In the command box, you have to type in “%AppData%” and click OK.
5) After doing so, you have to delete the Origin folder in the Roaming folder. Follow this by clicking on AppData in the address bar.
6) Finally, you have to open the Local folder and delete the Origin folder. It is a good idea to restart your system after.
This was an article regarding the steps to fix Apex Legends DXGI_Error Device_Hung. You can always keep up-to-date with Digistatement for the latest game news as well as guides.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.