Scanning a QR code is another customization ability in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which grants you to convert a pixel art into a QR code that gets translated into custom clothes and decorations.
The way this works is that you draw an image, custom design or any drawing and save it and then it gets translated into a QR code that you can scan to get luxurious decorations to spice up your room.
You follow the following instructions pinned in Animal Crossing subreddit’s instructions: to see how to use QR codes in the game:
- Download the Nintendo Switch Online App. This is available for both iOS and Android smartphones on their respective stores.
- Look for Nooklink. You can find it under the Game-Specific Services section for New Horizons.
- Now turn on your Nintendo Switch, and run Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Before you load your save file, hit the – button on your switch. This will bring up the settings, and Tom Nook should appear for you.
- Select Nooklink settings after Tom Nook’s dialogue. Click yes, please! to connect your game with your smartphone and get access to QR code scanning, plus much more! The game will save and reopen as normal.
- Nooklink should now appear whenever you open the Animal Crossing: New Horizons features on the Nintendo Switch Online App.
A lot of QR codes have been posted online and a YouTuber Nerd Attack has posted 500 QR codes that you can scan by pausing the video. Check the video below: