Age of Wonders 4 is a turn-based strategy game that has captivated players with its deep and immersive gameplay. The game is set in a high-fantasy world where players take on the role of a leader, building their empire, exploring new territories, and engaging in epic battles against other factions. The game offers a vast array of units, each with unique abilities, and players must use strategy and tactics to outsmart their opponents. With stunning visuals, rich lore, and a complex gameplay system, Age of Wonders 4 is a must-play for strategy game enthusiasts. Although it is available on all major platforms, many PlayStation 5 users have reported encountering an error code CE-107880-4 when trying to play the game. This error has been a frustrating hurdle for many players, preventing them from fully enjoying it. In this article, we will discuss what this error means, its potential causes, and any known fixes that might help players overcome this obstacle and get back to conquering the magical world of Age of Wonders 4.
Error code CE-107880-4 on PS5 is a common issue that many players face while trying to play Age of Wonders 4 on their console. This error typically occurs when there is a problem with the game data or the PS5 system software. The error can cause the game to crash, freeze, or not start at all, making it impossible for players to enjoy the game. While it can be frustrating to encounter such an error, there are some potential workarounds that players can try to fix this issue. Keep reading as we discuss some of the possible solutions to fix the Age of Wonders 4 error code CE-107880-4 on PS5.
Age of Wonders 4 Error code CE-107880-4 on PS5: Is there any fix yet
It’s worth noting that this error code is not unique to Age of Wonders 4 and has been reported by players across a range of PS5 games. While there is no guaranteed fix for this issue, there are several workarounds for it. Some have found success in trying out different troubleshooting steps, while others have had no luck. Nonetheless, it’s worth exploring these potential workarounds to see if they can help you get back to playing the game without further issues.
Restarting the console
This is a simple yet effective workaround to try if you are experiencing the CE-107880-4 error on your PS5. Sometimes, the error may occur due to temporary software or hardware glitches, and restarting the console can resolve them. To restart the PS5, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button on the PS5 until it beeps twice.
- Wait for a few seconds, and the console will shut down completely.
- Unplug the power cord from the PS5 and wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the console.
- Press the power button on the PS5 to turn it on.
After the console restarts, try launching the game again and see if the error persists. If the error continues to occur, you can try the other workarounds listed in this guide.
Uncheck Pre-order Bonuses
The user who shared this workaround encountered the CE-107880-4 error while trying to install the game with the pre-order bonuses selected. By unchecking them, the player managed to bypass the error and successfully download the main game. Therefore, we recommend other players facing the error do the same.
Remove Unnecessary add ons
This workaround involves checking for unknown add-ons in the console storage and removing them if found. Sometimes, these unknown add-ons can cause errors such as the CE-107880-4 error code on PS5. To apply this workaround, follow these steps:
- From the PS5 Dashboard, go to Settings.
- Select Storage, followed by Console Storage.
- Go to Games and Apps and check if there is an unknown add-on listed here.
- If there is an unknown add-on, select it and remove it from the console storage.
- After removing the unknown add-on, restart your PS5 and try updating the game again to see if it has solved the issue.
- By removing the unknown add-on, you may be able to fix the error code CE-107880-4 on your PS5.
Restoring the License is a common workaround that has been known to fix the CE-107880-4 error code for many PS5 users. Here are the steps to follow:
- From the main menu of your PS5, navigate to “Settings”.
- In the Settings menu, select “Users and Accounts”.
- Under “Users and Accounts,” select “Other”.
- From the “Other” menu, select “Restore Licenses”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the license restoration process.
Once the license restoration process is complete, try launching Age of Wonders 4 again and see if the error code has been resolved. If the error persists, you may need to try other workarounds or contact the game’s support team for further assistance.
Clear cache and rebuild Databases
Clearing the cache and rebuilding the database is another workaround that can potentially fix the error code CE-107880-4 on your PS5 console. This is because this error can sometimes occur due to corrupted data or cache stored on the system.
- Turn off your PS5 by pressing the power button on the front of the console or using your controller.
- Once the console is completely turned off, unplug the power cable from the back of the console and wait for at least 5 minutes.
- After waiting for 5 minutes, plug the power cable back in and turn on your PS5.
- Connect your controller to the console using a USB cable.
- Press and hold the power button on the console until you hear two beeps, one immediately and another after a few seconds. Release the power button when you hear the second beep.
- Connect your controller to the console using a USB cable and press the PS button on your controller.
- The console will now boot into Safe Mode. Use the D-pad to navigate to the “Clear Cache and Rebuild Database” option and press X.
- Select “Clear System Software Cache” and wait for the process to complete.
- After clearing the cache, select “Rebuild Database” and wait for the process to complete.
- Once the process is complete, restart your PS5 and try running the game again to see if the issue has been resolved.
These are some of the potential workarounds that users can try to solve the error code CE-107880-4. While there’s no guarantee that these solutions will work for everyone, it’s definitely worth trying them out. Remember that this is a common error in many games on PS5, and it’s not exclusive to Age of Wonders 4.
Well, we hope this guide has been helpful to you. If you found it useful, be sure to follow Digistatement for more gaming news, guides, and tips. And before you leave, click here to learn if there is any fix yet for Age of Wonders 4 Crashing with Exit code 3221225785.