There is little else that compares to the joy of completing a mission in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. The game has taken streaming by a storm and garnered a respectable fanbase when compared to other games in the Social simulation genre.
For the first-timers out there, Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a 2020 life simulation game developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch; it is the fifth main game in the Animal Crossing series. In New Horizons, the player controls a customizable character who moves to a deserted island after purchasing a package from Tom Nook, a tanuki character who has appeared in every entry in the Animal Crossing series. Taking place in real-time, the player can explore the island in a nonlinear fashion, gathering and crafting items, catching insects and fish, and developing the island into a community of anthropomorphic animals.
Recent developments include the release of the version 1.8 patch update for the game(also referred to as the Mario update) which includes the following features and additions :-
1) Collaboration items have been added to match the “35th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros.”
You can order from Nook Shopping after March 1, 2021.
2) There has been an inclusion of the Seasonal raccoon shopping items.
3) Fixed a bug where the nickname of “User” of Nintendo Switch was displayed in “Name in game” of “Software played together”.
4) A major new set of super mario furniture and clothing in addition to a selection of New seasonal holiday items are on their way to nook shopping.
5) Other bug fixes have been completed and general quality improvement additions have also been made.
The aforementioned are the changes as stated by patch notes, but, like always , the update also includes some changes that aren’t mentioned in the patch notes. These are:-
1) Players will receive an update thank-you gift from Nintendo in their mailbox containing the Mushroom Mural wallpaper item from the new Super Mario Set — and it’s even animated! Unlike other Mario items, you can enjoy this prior to March 1st.
2) Three new seasonal holidays will be celebrated in Nook Shopping in the next month including Hinamatsuri Festival, Pi Day, and St. Patrick’s Day! The Hinamatsuri Festival items will be available first on February 25th.
The new items that have been added to the game include :-
1)The “? Block” , The Normal Block and Block flooring have been added to the game.
2) 1-up mushroom, blossom Lantern and coin.
3) Fire flower, Floating block, goal pole and Hinaningyo.
4)Large Mushroom platforms, Lakitu’s cloud rug and pipe.
5) Luigi’s outfit, shoes, stache and hat.
6) Mario’s outfit, shoes, stache and hat.
7) Princess’s peach crown, peach dress and peach shoes.
8) Mushroom mural.
9) Shamrock’s door plate, hat, rug, shoes, suit, wand, sunglasses and soda.
10) Shells (red and green)
11) Small mushroom platforms
12) Super mushroom,super star and thwomp
13) Wario’s stache, hat, outfit and shoes.
14) Yoshie’s egg rug and the Π Pie.
The sheer size and the number of changes made in this update is creating a wave of anticipation among the fans to explore the update and enjoy its contents completely. ACNH is planning more such additions and changes to the game. For now though, Happy gaming!!!.