Wild Hearts is a new action role-playing game from EA. Likewise, it is a game that has many fans of hunting games like Monster Hunter excited. Although the game has been received relatively well, there are some error codes that players encounter. One such error code in the game is error code 4. Knowing how to fix this can be very helpful. This article is therefore regarding the availability of a fix for Wild Hearts Error Code 4.
What is Wild Hearts Error Code 4?
This is a very common error code that players encounter when playing Wild Hearts on Xbox consoles. Likewise, many players report facing this error code where they are unable to access add-ons and upgrades. You can find if fixes are available for this error code below.
Wild Hearts Error Code 4: Is there any fix yet?
Unfortunately, there is currently no official fix available for this error. However, there are some workarounds that seem to work for some players. You can follow these workarounds to see if they work for you.
Reboot the console –
You can also perform a reboot of the console without performing a hard reset. Likewise, you can do this from your Xbox controller. You can follow the steps below:
- 1) Press the Xbox button on your Xbox controller to open the guide.
- 2) Select the Profile & system option and go to Settings.
- 3) Then, select General and go to Power options.
- 4) Finally, select the Restart now option.
Reboot the game –
You have to reboot the game to force recheck the entitlements and the Karakuri Edition content. In order to do this, you can follow the steps below:
- 1)Press the Xbox button on your controller and highlight the game.
- 2) Next, press the Menu button on your controller.
- 3) In the pop-up menu, select the Quit option to close the game.
- 4) Launch the game again.
Clear Persistent storage –
In order to do this, you can follow the steps below:
1) Press the menu button on the Xbox controller.
2) Go to Settings > Disc & Blu-Ray.
3) Select “Persistent Storage” under the BLU-RAY section.
4) Select “Clear persistent storage”.
Clear MAC address –
You can follow the steps below to do this.
1) Go to the Xbox dashboard and select Settings.
2) Next, go to All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address.
3) Finally, select Clear and restart your console.
Power cycle console and delete save data (You will not lose progress) –
1) Press and hold the power button of the console until it turns off completely.
2) Next, unplug from the power source and wait 1 minute.
3) Plug the power cord back into the power source and turn the console back on.
4) Then, go into My Games and Apps.
5) Select the game and delete the saved data.
6) After this, launch the game, and check if the issue persists.
Delete and log back into your Gamer tag –
Another workaround that you can follow is to simply delete your Gamer tag. After doing so, you can log back into your Gamer tag and see if it fixes the issue. This should sync the game to your account correctly.
Change your internet connection –
You can also try switching your internet connection. Likewise, you can switch from a wired connection to a wireless connection or vice versa. In some cases, you can also use a mobile hotspot to see if it resolves the issue. Using a different internet connection to download or access the DLC is a good idea.
Reset your router –
You can also try resetting your router, as it might be the primary reason for this error. After you are done resetting, connect your console to the network, and then check if the error persists.
Flush DNS (On PC)-
1) Press Win key + R and type in CMD.
2) Next up, press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open Command Prompt.
3) Copy and paste each of the following codes and press Enter after each one:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh winsock reset
4) Finally, restart your PC, and then check if the error code still pops up.
Changing the DNS settings on console –
1) Go to the console’s Settings and select All Settings.
2) Go to Network and press Advanced settings.
3) Under DNS Settings, click on Manual. Now, set Primary DNS to 18.104.22.168 and Secondary DNS to 22.214.171.124.
4) Save the settings and connect to the game again.
If the issue persists, there is nothing you can do than wait for the devs to release a patch for it. Until then, you can check out other articles on the game by following Digistatement.