Valorant is the newest baby of Riot. It is a first-person shooter with a mix of Counter-Strike and Overwatch in its blood. It will be a 5v5 showdown with characters called Agents that have special abilities and of course guns. But even though shooting is the most important skill, abilities give you a tactical advantage and learning them is a close second. So here is a full guide for you on the Agents and their abilities with areas of application.
Character Classes for Agents
4 Classes exist in the game according to their gameplay. All classes have the same life energy, hitboxes and shields. The classes are:
- DUELLANT: The fraggers in the team.
- INITIATOR: Prepares teammates for direct confrontation
- TACTICER: Allow complex moves
- GUARDIANS: Gather information about enemies’ action and prevents them from making a move
Agents and their Skills
Every Agent has four abilities. A basic that automatically regenerates every round. Two additional skills which you buy every start of the round to use them and an ultimate, which fills with kills or orbs distributed all over the map.
A fragger Agent that has a lot of flare and fire. Phoenix likes to fight on his own terms.
- Curveball: A blinding flame that curves to the left or right based on your direction.
- Blaze: A fire-wall literally that damages anyone passing through it and blocks their vision. You can also bend the wall.
- Signature Ability: Hot Hands: Throw a fireball doing AOE damage and healing you.
- Ultimate Ability: Run it Back: You mark a location. If you die in the active phase of the ultimate, you are reborn at the same location.
Evasive and Agile, you won’t see coming what hit you with this hero.
- Cloudburst: Cast a cloud blurring vision. Bend the direction of the cloud to your preference.
- Updraft: After a little channelling, you start floating.
- Signature Ability: Tailwind: short dash the distance you are moving.
- Ultimate Ability: Blade storm: Deadly throwing knives that let you become a Ninja (haha). Headshot and you can kill, restoring the knives in full. You can single throw or throw all of them in a short burst.
Mind games and poison makes her a monomaniac. Cripple vision and control the battlefield with her.
- Snakebite: Acid pool projectile.
- Posioncloud: At the cost of fuel, you throw a gas emitter which can be reused after a short while.
- Signature Ability: Tox Screen: Poisoncloud in a line with multiple emitters.
- Ultimate: Viper’s pit: Massive toxic cloud gives vision advantage to Viper and exists as long as Viper is in it.
Sova is a tracker and a ruthless killer. Proper infiltrator and assassin with incredible precision on his bow & arrow.
- Shock Bolt – Fire an explosive bolt that emits a damaging pulse of static energy upon impact.
- Owl Drone – Deploy a pilotable drone that can fire a dart that will Reveal enemies who are hit.
- Signature Ability: Recon Bolt – Fire a bolt that deploys a sonar emitter. The sonar pings tag nearby enemies, causing them to be revealed. Can be destroyed.
- Ultimate: Hunter’s Fury – Fire up to three deadly energy blasts that spear across the entire map. Each hit enemy takes heavy damage and is marked.
An information gathering expert guardian. No manoeuvre goes unseen.
- Free Ability: Trapwire – Place a stealthed tripwire between two walls. Triggering enemies are restrained and revealed for a short time. If the trap is not destroyed, it activates to daze the trapped victim. Can be picked up.
- Cyber Cage – Toss out a remote activation trap. Reactivate to create a cage that slows enemies who pass through it. Look at a trap and press USE to detonate it, or hold ACTIVATE to detonate all.
- Signature Ability: Spycam – Place a remote camera. After placing, reactivate to view the video feed. Left-click while in-camera to fire a tracking dart. Recharges when picked up or killed.
- Ultimate: Neural Theft- Extract information from the corpse of an enemy, revealing the location of their living allies.
Utility and Area control makes him a perfect leader.
- Incendiary – Launch an incendiary grenade that deploys a damaging field of fire.
- Stim Beacon – Target a nearby location to call in a Stim Beacon, giving all players near it Rapidfire.
- Signature Ability: Sky Smoke – Use your map to call in orbital deployment smokescreens that obscure vision. Click to set the locations, and confirm to launch.
- Ultimate: Orbital Strike – Use your map to target a location, launching a devastating orbital strike that pulses for high damage over several seconds.
As the name suggests, she brings calm to the field. As a backline Agent, reviving teammates.
- Slow Orb – Cast out a radianite orb that breaks into a slowing field upon impact with the ground. All caught in the field are slowed, grounded, and make noise when moving.
- Barrier Orb – Conjure a large, solid wall. Right-click to rotate the wall before casting.
- Signature Ability: Healing Orb – Heal an ally or yourself to full health over a few seconds.
- Ultimate: Resurrection– Target a friendly corpse. After a short delay, revive them with full health.
Shadow hunter, moves in the darkness and impairs vision.
- Paranoia – Send out an Ethereal shadow in a straight line, Nearsighting anyone it touches.
- Shadow Walk – After a delay, dematerialize and teleport a short distance.
- Signature Ability: Dark Cover – Cast out a stealthed ethereal orb that bursts into an obscuring sphere of shadow at its final location. Can be charged to increase distance.
- Ultimate: From the Shadows – Select anywhere on the map to teleport and reform. When arriving, appear as a Shade, that will go back to your original location if killed. Once the teleport is complete, become Incorporeal for a short time.
Breach (Leaked New Agent)
- Aftershock ability (V) is a fusion charge that can only be activated when fired at a wall. The blast will deal “heavy damage” to those caught in the area, ideal for taking out enemies that you can’t see.
- Flashpoint ability (X) has to similarly be used on a wall, detonating on the other side of it and blinding all players who look at it.
- Fault Line (C) releases a quake that “dazes” all players caught in the zone. And the longer you hold the fire button, the farther it travels
- Rolling Thunder (Q), fires a “cascading quake” in a large cone that dazes and knocks up anyone caught in it.
If you have Valorant closed beta and want to report more on this, reach out to us.