Mods have become increasingly popular in recent years because they offer additional features to the game and make it more entertaining to play. It also allows gamers to progress through the game more quickly. So today we’ll talk about how you can install mods to your Sims 4 to make it more fun to play.
If you’re unfamiliar with The Sims, it’s a Maxis-developed life simulation video game. In this game, you have control over the lives of the computerized beings known as Sims. You can either build these sims’ residences yourself or use the game’s pre-built ones. The basic purpose is to keep the Sims happy by fulfilling their desires.
How do I get mods?
If you’re accessing your game through the Steam client. Mods can be installed from the Steam Workshop, and they will be added directly to the game.
However, if you use clients other than Steam, such as Origin, you must manually download and install them.
To get The Sims 4 mods
You can get mods from a variety of websites, but we recommend using trusted sites or Steam. To get mods from Steam, follow these steps:
- Simply look for the game on the Steam website.
- Scroll down to find the steam workshop on the right.
- Open it, select the mod you want to download, and copy the mod’s website link.
- Copy it and paste it into this website to download it.
- The mod can be in the form of a .zip file or a package file.
To install the mods.
Simply navigate to this folder and extract the.zip file, or copy-paste the file directly into this folder if it is a package file.
This PC › Documents › Electronic Arts › The Sims 4 > Mods
After that, simply activate the mods from in-game settings. The option to activate mods can be found in Settings › Game settings › Others.
And you’re ready to go.
Things to remember:
- Never update your game with mod files because it will corrupt all of the game’s files.
- Download mods only from reputable websites.