A common issue that many Sons of the Forest players encounter is the controller issue. Likewise, such players find that their controller input is not working properly. Knowing what fixes are available for this is important. This article is therefore regarding the availability of fixes for the Sons of the Forest Controller Not Working Issue.
Sons of the Forest Controller Not Working Issue: Is there any fix yet
Although there are currently no official fixes for this issue, some players have reported that some workarounds have been able to solve this issue for them.
Make sure your controller is connected properly –
A fix that you can also follow is to simply make sure your controller is connected properly. Likewise, you may have a bad connection to the port. It is a good idea to unplug and replug controllers. You can also try updating your game controller driver in case any updates are available.
Launch the game using Steam’s Big Picture Mode –
1) Open Steam on your PC and click on View from the top-left corner.
2) Select Big Picture Mode and click on Continue.
3) Click on the Library and go to Games under the Browse section.
4) Select Sons of the Forest and exit from the Big Picture Mode.
Use config file to launch in Windowed mode –
1) Go to File Explorer and go to Documents.
2) Open the Sons of the Forest folder and right-click on the Config.ini file.
3) Select Open With and choose Notepad.
4) Find where [window] mode is set to no and make sure to replace it with yes.
4) Then, press the Ctrl+S keys to save changes.
5) Close the file and launch the game to see if it fixes the issue.
Turn on Steam Overlay –
A fix that you can follow is to turn on the Steam overlay option for the Sons of the Forest game. In order to do this you can follow the steps below:
1) Open Steam and go to the Library.
2) Next up, right-click on Sons of the Forest and select Properties.
3) Go to the General section and check the Enable Steam Overlay while in-game checkbox.
Set the Refresh Rate to 60Hz –
Another fix that you can try is to set the refresh rate to 60Hz. Likewise, you can do this by following the steps below.
1) Go to Windows Settings.
2) Next, go to System and click on Display.
3) Scroll down on the right pane and click on Advanced display settings.
4) Select the 60Hz refresh rate option.
Switch to a wired controller –
A fix that you can also follow is to simply switch to a wired controller. Likewise, it is sometimes a good idea to use a wired connection instead of a wireless one. This can improve the latency as well as overall connection stability.
Use DS4Windows –
1) Download the DS4Windows tool and install it.
2) Run the DS4Updater (.exe) file from the installation folder.
3) Go to the directory and double-click on the file to run it. If prompted by UAC, click on Yes to allow admin access.
4) Open the DS4Windows tool and go to the Settings tab from the interface.
5) Click on the ‘Hide DS4 Controller’ to enable it. After doing so, launch the game, and check if it recognizes the controller.
This was an article regarding the availability of a fix for the Sons of the Forest Controller Not Working Issue. You can also check out other articles on the game by following Digistatement.