Rogue Company has the potential to rise the popularity charts, but since its debut, it has been plagued by a number of bugs, including black screens, graphic glitches, stuck at the loading screen, and many more. But these issues are not uncommon as they occur in every multiplayer game. Well, one additional issue has been added to the list, as users reported seeing the message “Failed to initialize game launcher” on an EAC window pop-up when attempting to launch it. Let’s explore this problem and see if there is a solution.
Many players are reporting on the game’s Steam discussion forum that they are experiencing problems starting the game after installing the latest patch. “Failed to initialize game launcher” is the message that is displayed on the EAC pop-up window. Easy Anti-Cheat is a service that combats hacking and maintains fairness for all players in online games. However, several gamers have also lately reported encountering the error “Easy Anti-Cheat is not installed” after updating their Steam client or when updating their game. You’ve come to the correct place if you’re one of the players experiencing the Rogue Company EAC Failed to Launch Issue. Let’s explore some potential workarounds for the same.
Rogue Company EAC Failed to Launch Issue: Is there any fix yet
Unfortunately, the developers have not yet provided any information or solution for the issue. However, there are some potential workarounds that you can try to resolve this issue and enjoy your favorite game smoothly once again.
Verifying File’s Integrity
It’s possible that missing or damaged game files could be responsible for the Easy Anti-Cheat launch issue. You may try checking the game files’ integrity on Steam to see if it helps. Whenever you experience launch error problems, it is usually worthwhile to check the game files’ integrity. Here’s how you can simply do so-
- Firstly, launch Steam and then choose LIBRARY.
- Select Properties from the context menu when you right-click the Rogue Company.
- On the left side, select “Local files,” and then click the “Verify integrity of game files” option.
- Allow Steam to check the game files for a few minutes. Update and restart your game once it’s completed.
Manually Reinstall Easy Anti Cheat(EAC)
If you are still facing the issue of EAC failing to launch in Rogue Company after trying the above-mentioned workaround, you should try manually reinstalling Easy Anti Cheat. This can help you overcome the problem. You can do it by following the given instructions-
- Right-click on Rogue Company on the Steam Library and choose Properties.
- From the left side of the menu, you need to select the Local Files tab. After this, select the Browse Local Files option.
- Now, find the EasyAntiCheat folder, and then open it.
- Here, you need to right-click on the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe file and select the Run as Administrator option.
- The EAC application will open. Here, you will need to select Yes and then click on the Uninstall button.
- Now, you need to install the anti-cheat again. To do so, return to the EasyAntiCheat folder and double-click on the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe file.
- Once opened, click on the Install button to install Easy Anti-Cheat.
- After this, restart your PC, and then launch the game. The issue should be fixed.
Manually Replace EAC files
If none of the above workarounds worked for you, you should manually try replacing the EAC files. This workaround is provided by one of the users on Steam discussion forums and other users with the same issue have confirmed that this worked for them. So, you should also try giving it a shot. Here’s how you can do so-
- First, launch the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R.
- Then type %appdata%EasyAntiCheatGameLauncher when it opens, after that, click on OK.
- Next, open the EasyAntiCheat – GameLauncher folder from the list of files.
- Now click here to open the link and download the .zip file.
- Extract these .zip files in the EasyAntiCheat – GameLauncher folder.
- Try restarting your game now to see if it fixed the issue for you.
These are the possible workarounds that you can try to overcome the Rogue Company EAC Failed to Launch issue. Well, we hope these workarounds fix the problem. For more such guides, keep visiting DigiStatement.
Related: Darkest Dungeon 2 Crashing, Not Launching, Low FPS, Stuttering & Black Screen Issues on PC: Is There Any Fix Yet