Some players are wondering about the steps on how to enable Unlocked framerate in Return to Monkey Island. Likewise, the game does not give players the option to enable this within its settings. This article is therefore regarding the steps on how to enable Unlocked framerate in Return to Monkey Island.
Going to the main topic of this article, you can find out all the latest information you need regarding the steps on how to enable Unlocked framerate in the game by reading below.
Return to Monkey Island: How to enable Unlocked Framerate –
Return to Monkey Island does not officially support a fully unlocked framerate. However, it is possible to change the target frame rate in the game. Likewise, this is a workaround for players who want a higher framerate in the game. You can do this by adding a line to the game’s prefs file.
Here are the steps on how to edit the prefs file and unlock framerate –
1) First and foremost, you have to find the location of the prefs file on your system. Likewise, the location of the prefs file is different for different systems.
2) Next up, you have to follow the following folder path for each system.
For Mac – \Library\Application Support\Terrible Toybox\Return to Monkey Island
For Windows – C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Terrible Toybox\Return to Monkey Island.
You also have to make sure that you turn on the Show hidden items option before heading into the directory. This is necessary to find the AppData folder.
3) Then, you have to locate the “Perfs.json” file in the folder destination.
4) After locating the prefs file, you have to open the file using Notepad. You have to enter the following line at the bottom of the file – “targetFrameRate: 120” or you can choose whatever number you like for the frame cap. Do note that the engine seems to have a limit of up to 240 FPS.
5) Finally, you have to save the prefs file by clicking File > Save. You can now play the game with unlocked framerates.
This was an article regarding the steps on how to enable Unlocked framerate in Return to Monkey Island. You can always keep up-to-date with Digistatement for the latest game news as well as guides.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.