Do you want to enhance the performance of your PlayStation 5? An effective method is clearing the cache from the console system. If you are wondering how to clear cache from your PS5 system, then read this article. We have provided all the instructions for you.
PS5: Open Safe Mode
- You need to switch on your PS5 and access the Safe Mode. You will require a USB to USB-C cable to connect your controller with the console directly.
- Switch off the PlayStation 5 first, you can do this with the help of a controller or directly pressing the Power Button.
- Now, to start the console with Safe Mode, press the power button. Hold it for 5 to 7 seconds till you hear the second beep. The second beep indicates that the system will start the Safe Mode
- Now you will see that the PS5 has started in Safe Mode. To connect your controller with the PS5 console, use the USB cable, and click on the PS button to switch on DualShock 5.
- When the Safe Mode menu opens up, you will get to see various options like Restart PS5, Change Video Output, Update System Software, etc.
- From this menu, choose Clear Cache and Rebuild Database. Press the X button to confirm your choice.
- You will come across a sub-menu with two options. Now you will select the first option on top, which says Clear System Software Cache.
- As you select the first option, you will see a message displayed on your screen:
The system software cache will be cleared
- Select OK by pressing the X button. Your PlayStation 5 would start clearing the system software cache.
This is how you can clear the System Software cache on the Sony PlayStation 5 with the help of Safe Mode. By clearing the system cache, you can enhance the performance of your PS5 console, as it gets more space for efficient performance. The option of clearing Cache can help in a better cleanup of the system, which can additionally help in boosting the speed of your PlayStation 5 console.
For guides and updates on PlayStation, you should check out our page here.