Today, the first of April (no joke) “Tricky Event” starts in the game. An event where the Pokémon which stands up to the April fool day and makes a fool out of all of us. The game and the event is surprisingly thriving under the pandemic problem of the world.
- Gastly, Haunter, Voltorb, Sudowoodo, Aipom, Croagunk and Foongus will appear in the wild more often. If you are lucky you can catch a Shiny Sudowoodo or a Shiny Croagunk!
- A new Pokémon. Stunfisk shows up as a reward for solved tasks called as Field Research
- Stunfish also show up in the wild if you are very lucky
- Aipom, Wynaut, Bonsly, Croagunk and Stunfisk are found in 5 kilometres of eggs.
- Sudowoodo, Croagunk or Stunfisk as a reward in Field Research data
- You can be photographed while taking Snapshots
Field Research Task
As the new shiny Croagunk and Toxicroak enter the fray of the Pokemon world, with new additions like Stunfisk, they all can be caught with doing in-game task called the Field Research Task. Depending on the task, you might encounter:
- Catch 3 Ditto: Croagunk (CP 375 – 408)
- Feed a Berry to your Buddy: Sudowoodo (CP 871 – 920)
- Earn 3 Candy walking your Buddy: Stunfisk (CP 876 – 926)
The Croagunk you catch through the Field Research Task has a chance to be shiny. If you are wondering about catching the rare ditto, Niantic has assured us that the frequency of Dittos have increased in the game and they can be found in the wild with more ease than before.
Catching several Croagunk will help turn it into Toxicroak as you rack up on candies to evolve it.
There is no certain tip or trick to finding Pokemons, rather like any other shiny, you will have to catch every and any of these slippery Pokemons to get a chance to encounter a shiny one.
Niantic has been very active in dealing with a situation that could have killed their game. So despite the game demanding 5kms or walking in the ‘wild’ we urge people to be safe.