New updates at the bottom of the post
Pokémon Go is the most popular and critically acclaimed augmented reality mobile game. It is a free-to-play game but features in-app purchases. Niantic added many notable features to the game in 2019 which helped the game to keep grow further.
Recently, SuperData has released it’s “Year in Review” report, where it revealed that Pokémon GO generated $1.4B US Dollars in 2019. Niantic added some new Unova region Pokemon in 2019 & it also added Team Go Rocket which made the game more popular in 2019.
Coming to now, Pokemon Go Official Twitter handle has teased a lunar new year event with an emoji of a moon. However, nothing more has been revealed in the tweet yet. Have a look at the tweet below.
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) January 17, 2020
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) January 18, 2020
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) January 19, 2020
We are keeping a close watch on all the developments regarding any new year event & will update you with more information whenever any more details are revealed.
Pokémon GO Lunar New Year Event
It’s time to welcome in the new lunar cycle with red Pokémon appearing more frequently in the wild, lucky bonuses, and the appearance of a Pokémon not previously found in Pokémon GO: Darumaka!
Date + Time
Friday, January 24, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, February 3, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Certain red Pokémon will be featured. Charmeleon, Vulpix, Parasect, Voltorb, Jynx, Magmar, Magikarp, Flareon, Slugma, Wurmple, Corphish, Kricketot, and Foongus will appear more frequently in the wild!
- Gyashaa! If you’re lucky, you might spot a Gyarados in the wild. Will you be lucky enough to encounter the coveted red Shiny Gyarados?
- Darumaka will hatch from 7 km Eggs. Some red Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs, such as Shuckle and Foongus. Making its Pokémon GO debut will be Darumaka, the Zen Charm Pokémon!
- Gifts will have a chance of rewarding you with Rare Candies, so be sure to send and open lots of Gifts with your friends.
- Be sure to trade more often with your friends—the likelihood of becoming Lucky Friends will be increased.
- When you trade a Pokémon, there will be an increased chance it will become a Lucky Pokémon.