Pokemon fans are pretty excited as Niantic has announced a new season for the GO Battle League. Season 2 of this exciting league will start on May 1 & will stay active until June 29, 2020. Pokemon GO Battle League Season 2 features all three leagues : Great League, Ultra League & Master League
Apart from this announcement, Niantic has also made some changes to the Trainer Battles. Well, now players will be able to start Trainer Battles with QR code, from anywhere. The best part is that it won’t take into account the Friendship level & distance.
Update to Trainer Battle has also brought a few changes to the following attacks : Drill Run, Moonblast, Wild Charge. A nee attack for Palkia has also been introduced. You check all the relevant details down below.
- Trainers will be able to initiate Trainer Battles via QR Code from anywhere, regardless of the Trainers’ Friendship level or distance
- For Trainer Battles with friends, the Friendship level requirement will remain lowered so you can send battle invites to Good Friends and Great Friends. Originally, you could send battle invites only to Ultra Friends and Best Friends.
The following existing attacks have been updated in Trainer Battles.
- Drill Run: Its energy requirement has been reduced.
- Moonblast: Its energy requirement and damage have both been reduced, and it now has a chance to lower the opponent’s Attack stat.
- Wild Charge: Its energy requirement has been reduced, its damage has been increased, and it will sharply lower the user’s Defense stat.
Along with these updates to existing attacks, the following Pokémon will be able to learn an attack it couldn’t before.
Palkia and Aqua Tail: Aqua Tail gives Palkia a powerful Water-type Charged Attack that charges quickly, helping Palkia stand out from the other Legendary Dragon types in the Master League and making Protect Shield decisions tougher for opponents.