So recently the latest SHIELD Experience Upgrade 8.2.2 got released. Now this upgrade is definitely a level up, without any doubts for the SHIELD IR (Infrared) Control Database. This is because it addresses many qualities of life issues that were reported in this set of field, more about improving stability and also compatibility with different devices present in your home entertainment center. Although, they are still developing the SHIELD Experience, so what all of us, the users can do is just have a good time and if there are any issues, everybody should let the developers know about them as it would help a lot regarding the better functionality in the next upgrade.
You can check the complete list of eligible & included devices down below. More devices are expected to be added soon.
Creative Labs Sound BlasterX Katana
Nakamichi Shockwafe Pro 7.1.4
Samsung soundbar HW-Q80R
Edifier S2000 Pros
Edifier S3000 Pro
Philips TAPB400 soundbar
TCL Alto Soundbars
Argon Octavia Soundbar
Hisense TV code 2006
LG SN Series Soundbar
Hisense Code Group 6 and 7 TVs
Cambridge Audio Topaz AXR85/100
Cambridge Audio AXA
So now let’s see what are the new enhancements in the new upgrade that came out. What’s really new with this one, let’s move forward and read about it.
• It has added support for the new Xbox Series X and Z, and also for the PlayStation Dual sense controllers.
• Also, it has added support regarding the Control4 home automation systems for better efficiency.
• It has added an option in the advanced sound setting so that the user can disable the volume control notifications.
Now let’s see what are the bug fixes done in this latest update:
• It has solved the issue which flashes the color band that will be visible when you’re viewing the video in portrait mode.
• The corruption issue is solved which is observed at the bottom of the screen when the upscaling content to 4K displays.
• The bugs where the password for sharing folders to other networks on SHEILD is fixed in the upgrade.
• The bugs where sharing of the folders on SHIELD on the network won’t be working after the upgrade if the space in the username is present.
• The problem regarding the situation where the user was not able to re-enter the WiFi password for the low power APs, has also been solved.
• The issue regarding some of the USB connected drives that would not reconnect on wake-up, has been solved too.
• The problem where the users were unable to make it detected by some of the devices holding volume up/down is solved.
• The SHIELD Controller 2017 would not recharge, which is not a problem anymore.
• The bug where the manually setting Audio output formats were not able to work properly, is fixed.
• The bug has been fixed audio from USB DAC won’t function properly when switched between Dolby and PCM source.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.