Nintendo Switch has proved to be a popular choice for console gaming. It is rugged built, lightweight, and a matte finish fulfills many a wish. It is easy to carry and play for a longer duration. The non-slippery finish helps in easy gripping. The robust built somehow prevents damage due to falls. Coming to the topic, today, we will help you to change DNS settings in Nintendo Switch.
The DNS values are normally provided by your Internet Service Provider. You should not alter the values carelessly as it ensures a proper connection with the server. You might want to change the DNS values for any reason whatsoever.
Changing the values is very simple. Most importantly, search for a DNS value on the internet. Now, you have to follow the steps to enter the values in your Switch console. People generally change the DNS values either during setting up a connection by themselves or for some other reason.
Change DNS settings
- Press the small button below the right analog stick on your Nintendo Switch.
- This will open the System Settings.
- Navigate to the Internet tab.
- Now, from the right-side screen, select Internet Settings.
- Select the network from the Registered networks list that you are connected to.
- Open the Change Settings option.
- Scroll down to the DNS settings.
- Change the option from automatic to manual.
- Go to the Primary DNS option.
- Enter the DNS value and press OK.
- Do the same for Secondary DNS.
- The DNS value for Google is – Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52 and Secondary DNS: 184.108.40.206
These are the simple steps by which you can easily change the DNS settings in Nintendo Switch on your device. For visual guidance, you can refer to the YouTube video of TheDroidGuy.