Mods make the game easier and more fun to play and if you have downloaded Cities Skylines from Epic Games then you will see that there are no mods available on the epic platform for this game. So, in this article, we will explain how you can download mods for your game.
If you haven’t heard of Cities Skyline, it is a single-player game in which you have to build a city, which means you will decide the placement of buildings and roads, taxation, and public transport. You also have to maintain the budget, health, and pollution level of the city. The players have to expand the city and make it as good as possible to live in.
The game is available on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo switch.
How to download mods?
So, if you don’t want to work hard to build your city, mods will help you with this. You can also download various types of maps and assets for the game too.
To download the mods:
- Firstly, you must go to the steam website and search Cities Skyline there or you can click here.
- Just scroll down and on the right, you will see Steam Workshop, click on it and it will take you to the mods page.
- Select the mod, you want to download and copy the link to the page.
- Paste the link on this website and download the mods from there.
It will download as a .zip file that you can extract using Windows inbuilt Extractor.
Now you have to extract these files to the same folder mentioned below:
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\CitiesSkylines\Files\Mods
For Maps and assets files, download using the same way and extract the files in the below-mentioned folder.
- Put assets.crp files (folders) here:
C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines\Addons\Assets
- Put your cities/maps: Skylines maps (folders) here:
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\CitiesSkylines\Files\Maps
One thing more is that to extract these files to these folders, you will need administrator permission and don’t extract directly, make a new folder and then extract the new files there.
And this will do the trick.