Yesterday in their Activision blog post, Infinity Ward revealed that they had banned 50,000 cheaters in Call of Duty: Warzone since day one and taking more heftier steps for the future.
Battle Royale games have arisen as a new competitive arena where a team or player emerges as a winner out of a bunch of 100 /150. Players are practicing every day to equip themselves with skills to survive the zones and kill others to climb up the top spot. But, some notorious cheaters or noobs are infecting the games. They just want to win matches with doing nothing. They use aimbots to get perfect headshots, wallhack to pierce bullets through covers, and many more. Fortnite, PUBG, Apex Legends have bean facing cheaters since their release and have already banned millions of them and Call of Duty: Warzone is no special. Cheaters have already breached the game on day one, and now they are increasing in numbers. With this matter into top consideration, Infinity Ward warned hackers in the latest Activision blog post.
There’s no place for cheating in games. Warzone has zero-tolerance for cheaters. Here is what we’re doing about it.
We take all forms of cheating very seriously, maintaining a level and fair playing field for everyone is among our highest priorities. This is an area we have been working on heavily, but it isn’t always something we discuss publicly.
We have been enforcing account bans since Day 1 of Warzone’s release. To date, we issued more than 50,000 permabans worldwide.
We employ a number of programs in place to combat both cheaters and cheat providers.
· Our security teams monitor 24/7 to investigate data and identify potential infractions.
· The teams review all possible cheats and hacks, this includes identifying use of aimbots, wallhacks and more.
· We’re working to improve our in-game system for reporting potential cheating. Plans are underway to streamline the UI for a more seamless reporting experience.
· For all reports that are received in-game, they are both analyzed and filtered based on key data.
· Once investigations are complete, we will continue to work as quickly as possible to ban.
Moving forward, we will aim to provide a regular count on the latest number of bans issued, as needed.
For additional information, visit the Call of Duty: Warzone Security and Enforcement Policy.
Simply put there’s no place for cheating. We recognize that there’s no single solution for combating cheaters, it’s a constant enforcement every day, 24/7. Rest assured, we’re committed to ensuring a fun and fair experience for everyone.
We look forward to sharing more updates here.