If you have been looking for a proper guide on how to turn on coordinates in Minecraft, you have come to the right place. Minecraft has a massively open as well as procedurally generated world. Thus, it can be easy for players to not be aware of their whereabouts. Coordinates can be very helpful to know the location of a player in the game. This article is therefore regarding how to turn on coordinates in Minecraft.
What are the uses of X, Y, and Z coordinates in Minecraft?
The X coordinate mainly gives you your East or West position on the map. Likewise, a positive X value means that the position is East from the center. On the other hand, the negative value signifies the West position.
The Y coordinate determines your vertical position. Likewise, the positive value increases corresponding to the level of your height. Alternatively, the value decreases as you go lower.
The Z coordinate determines your South or North position. Likewise, the positive value increases when you move South. Alternatively, the value on the negative side increases when you move North.
Going to the main topic of this article, you can learn the methods to turn on the coordinates on both the Bedrock as well as Java edition of Minecraft by reading below.
How to turn on coordinates in Minecraft?
For the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft –
1) First and foremost, you have to simply start the game and go to the game’s main menu.
2) Next up, you have to navigate to the game’s Settings menu.
3) Then, you have to navigate to World in Settings. Likewise, you have to go to the Game tab under the World Options.
4) Now, you have to scroll down in the World settings until you find a switch that says “Show Coordinates”.
5) Once you find the “Show Coordinates” switch under the World Options, you can finally turn on the switch and exit.
6) Finally, you can now see the coordinates in your game. You can also use this command “/gamerule showcoordinates true” to view your coordinates in the game,
For the Java Edition of Minecraft –
There is no specific option or adjustments in the settings that players can make for coordinates. Likewise, players cannot simply switch on the coordinates in the settings for Minecraft’s Java edition. However, players can access the coordinates just as easily. On PC, you can simply press and hold the F3 key and press FN + F3 on Mac to bring up a screen overlay that shows all sorts of information as well as coordinates about your game.
This was an article regarding the steps on how to turn on coordinates in Minecraft. You can also check out another article on the game by clicking here.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.