Many Roblox players encounter the following error:
Lost connection to the game server,
Please reconnect (Error code: 277)
The Roblox error can take place due to multiple reasons. A server failure, an internet connection, malware infection can be some triggering factors. Along with this, missing installation files and corrupted system files can also be a major cause of this error. The error might take place in both your Mobile and PC versions. How to fix this? Read this article as we got multiple methods to fix this error (both mobile and PC).
Roblox Error Code 277 on Mobile
For Mobile users, the effective way to solve this error is
Using Airplane Mode
- Close all the running applications on your mobile
- To access the quick settings, swipe up or down (depending on your model).
- Tap on the Airplane Mode icon to start the same
- Take some time and then switch on your Wi-Fi
- Then launch Roblox and Play
Error Code 277 on PC
Follow these methods to solve Roblox Error Code 277
Changing Open Ports On Your Router
- Find the IP address of your router
- Go from Start> Settings> Network & Internet> View Network Properties.
- You will find your router’s IP address next to the default gateway.
- Now open your preferred browser.
- Enter the IP address to access the router’s settings page.
- Enter the username and password.
- Click the Port Forwarding section.
- In case the Port Forwarding Section is not visible, look out for the following alternatives. These can help you out, and lead you to Port Forwarding. Usually, it is available under Virtual Servers in TP-Link routers. Look in all of these, to see which one contains Port Forwarding
- After you have opened the Port Forwarding section or its equivalent, open the desired port range by filling in the necessary information:
Name / Description – Enter Roblox.
Service Type / Type – Enter UDP.
Incoming / Start – Enter 49152.
Private / End – Enter 65535.
Then enter the private IP address of your computer.
Click “Save” or “Apply” to save the settings
Now restart the router for the changes to take effect. Unplug your computer from your router, then plug it back in to check if the Roblox error exists.
Deleting Roblox Logs
To delete the game data of Roblox:
- Press Windows key + R together to switch on the Run dialogue box
- As the Run application starts up, write the command: % localappdata%\Roblox\logs and click Enter.
- Click on Ctrl + A as this will select all the files. After this, press Shift + Del together to ensure complete deletion.
- After this, start the Run dialogue box again, and enter the command:
These easy methods can potentially solve the Roblox error 277 on your PC. For more gaming-based content, click here. We also got a range of Xbox fixes and PC guides for you here.