Console gaming has flourished over the years. Nintendo has captured the market with its hand-held consoles. The Nintendo Switch is a very handy and portable console with a good grip. All the devices of Nintendo can access the all-in-one platform – the eShop. You can download the games at a moderate price or access the free content. However, first-timers are generally thrown off with the eShop not available error. The following article will help you to fix it.
The error message is displayed when the eShop is not available in your country. There is an easy method to bypass this error.
- Use a smartphone or computer to log in to your account – Nintendo Account Website
- Under the User Info tab, you will notice the profile section.
- Click on the edit button.
- You have to change the country of residence to a country that supports Nintendo eShop. You can change it to the USA or any other country of your choice. Just search the availability on the internet.
- Also, change the time zone accordingly.
- Click on Save Changes and then restart your Nintendo Switch.
- Now, try opening the Nintendo eShop.
The error should no longer be present. In case it does, try using a different country by the same method. Now, you have to do an additional step before purchasing games. You should purchase the Nintendo eShop prepaid card. This is mandatory if you do not have a credit card or a PayPal account from the USA.
A temporary solution to this problem is to use a VPN. A Virtual Private Network temporarily changes your I.P address. You can set it to the USA. This will trick the servers into thinking that you are in the US. However, every time you launch the eShop, you have to launch the VPN before it.