The PlayStation is a series of gaming consoles that every gamer wants to get their hands on. These consoles set a benchmark every time they get released. The latest generation of the PlayStation series is the PS5. If you own a PS5, you will know that it has a variety of games in its arsenal to meet the tastes of every gamer. But there is a drawback, as some of the games within the store may not be available in your region, and you might miss out on playing your favorite games. This is very frustrating because you will miss out on the fun, just because your region doesn’t allow it.
But don’t worry, you can solve this issue by tweaking a few settings and changing the region on your PS5. To know more, stay with us, and we will be explaining everything in detail on how to change the region or country on your PS5.
How to change region or country on PS5
Follow the steps carefully, as we show you how you can easily change region or country on PS5.
- Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS5. On the right-hand corner of the screen, select the 3 dots at the top.
- Here you may have an option which is “Storefront Country“, especially if you are from Europe. If you do not have the option under here, then go to your Profile and click on Log out.
- Press the PS button on your controller as shown on the screen. Now, the user page will open with all the different accounts on your PS5.
- Go to the left and click on Add User. Then, click on Get Started on the right side of your screen.
- Now, tick the box beside I Agree, for the License Agreement of your PS5 software. After this, click on Confirm.
- You will have to create a new account to access a new region, so click on the Create an Account option.
- Set your date of birth on the next page as mentioned, and click on Next.
- On the next page, set the country or region according to your liking because you will not be able to change this information once your account is created.
- You can also set your language on the Preferred language option. This option will automatically detect your local language and set it automatically.
- Now, you have to set up your account using an email address and use a password to complete the process.
- After this, enter your First name and Last name on the next page and then click on Next.
- Now, you have to set details of your home location like City, State, and Postal Code. Enter the right details and if you have selected a different country, research a bit before entering the details.
- Next, choose your Avatar from various options available.
- Set your Online ID using the various suggestions available.
- Adjust your Privacy Settings according to your liking, and click Apply.
- Set your Data Collection and Personalization settings according to your preference.
- After this, agree to the Legal Documents and verify your Email Address.
- Now, sign in to your newly created account from the home screen of your PS5.
If you have followed the steps correctly, you will be able to successfully create a new account. You will get your new PlayStation Store account according to the region you have set. You can now download new stuff and games that were probably not available in your region.
Hope you liked our article and found it informative. Come back for more such articles on DigiStatement.