Halo is a military science fiction media franchise centered on a series of video games managed and developed by 343 Industries, a division of Xbox Game Studios. Halo was originally developed by Bungie Studios. The series centers on an interstellar war between humanity and an alliance of aliens known as the Covenant.
Last month, Halo: The Master Chief Collection update was released by the 343 Industries. The new update files weigh around 60GB which rolled out the patch for six different games: Halo: Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, and Halo 4.
Well, the update has already gone live, which brought tons of changes and improvements for Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 and Halo: 2 Anniversary, whereas, other Halo titles got a little bit of tweak.
You can check out the patch notes if you are looking for finer details.
Halo: Combat Evolved
- H:CE – Crash due to a UE4 Fatal error
- H:CE – Achievements for mission completions, Par Time, and Score were not unlocking for some
- H:CE – Timers have been added to multiplayer matches
- H:CE – Charge audio plays when rapid firing the Plasma Pistol
- H:CE – Classic Multiplayer uses Remastered Campaign Audio
- H:CE – Camo VFX are not visible to all players in Matchmaking and Custom Games
- H:CE – Voice over sound echoes and seems distant in the Pillar of Autumn cutscene
- H:CE – Player name placement is lower than in legacy H:CE in splitscreen
- H:CE – Resting bullet cases flicker on the ground
- H:CE – Headless Spartan model appears in the cryo-chamber in 4k on the Pillar of Autumn
- H:CE – Activating a terminal does not take the user to the terminal video
- H:CE – Spartan model’s hands look to be lower quality during idle animation
- H:CE – Low resolution textures on players, weapons, and vehicles in remastered graphics
- H:CE – Swap weapons occurs quicker compared to Legacy when using VFR frame rate option
- H:CE – Customization preview model proportions don’t match in game models
- H:CE – Loading screen inaccurately shows Plasma Pistol icon when weapon set is normal
- H:CE – Default options were swapped for some classic and non-classic game variants
- H:CE – Some textures and decals disappeared when swapping between remastered and classic
- H:CE – The “Lowered” crosshair position settings were lower than in Halo: Reach’s options
- H:CE – Weapon audio was missing during the entire mission after watching the Jenkins cutscene
- H:CE – Music and sound effects volume is slightly louder than legacy H:CE
- H:CE – Ability to set primary and secondary weapons in Custom Games
- H:CE – Addition to display time elapsed in H:CE
- H:CE – Adjusted enemy name text colors and placements for consistency across titles
- H:CE – Fixed title safe areas in Split screen
- H:CE – Assault on the Control Room Sgt. Stacker voice was incorrect
- H:CE – Quickly switching weapons during reload didn’t interrupt sound effects
- H:CE – Performance drops throughout the mission The Silent Cartographer
Halo 2 and Halo: 2 Anniversary
- H2A – Nebula lighting was excessively dark and impairs gameplay on these forged maps
- H2A – FPS performance falls below 40 when multiple explosions effects appear onscreen
- H2A – Subtitles were delayed and out of sync in remastered cinematics
- H2A – In Forge, team colors display incorrectly in all UI menus
- H2A – Game over was displayed in Forge when selecting “Start New Round”
- H2A – Infected did not appear to have a shield bar when shields were set to Normal in Custom games
- H2C – Warthog horn and other vehicles incorrectly shoot Scarab rounds when Scarab skull is enabled
- H2C – Players were not awarded multi-kill medals when the criteria was met
- H2C – Shade turret kills showed up as plasma turret kills
- H2C – Playlist progression was not correctly awarded to Co-Op players
- H2C – Sword equip sound effects didn’t always play
- H2C – Corrupted textures on tunnel ceiling on Outskirts
Other Halo Titles
- HR – There are texture issues between the fog and mountains in the intro cinematic
- H4 – Wateris missing ripple VFX when driving throughout Halo 4
- ODST – Visor UI elements do not appear upscaled for 4K
Halo Playlist Update (April) –
Well, other than game changes, improvements, bug-fixes, developers have focused on the regular ongoing playlist updates.
The new Halo playlist update goes live today. You can check out the details for the playlist update below.
April’s Playlist Update Schedule
- 4/1 – Mayhem: 8v8 playlist for Halo: Combat Evolved
- 4/8 – Grifball: 4v4 playlist for Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo: Reach
- 4/15 – TBD
- 4/21 – TBD
- 4/29 – TBD
The developers have revealed playlist schedule for April 1 and April 8 only.
We will keep you updated with the latest news, so, stay tuned.