It is hard to imagine a modern smartphone without notifications. Notifications help keep track of any application activity. Both Android and iOS have rigorous algorithms which work on keeping the user updated with application notifications. However, sometimes algorithms fail to do their duty properly because of bugs. As a result, the same algorithms can be disastrous.
Google Classroom Notifications not working
One application that fell prey to this issue is Google Classroom. Many users are complaining about not receiving notifications on time. Google Classroom is where teachers and mentors assign tasks or upload material for students to complete. There are deadlines within which the students have to submit their assignments. However, due to this bug, the students are not receiving notifications about the assignments. As a result, the students are missing deadlines.
How to fix the Google Classroom Notification issue
Google developers are working on the fix to the bug which might be causing the missing notifications. Till then, users can try the following ways to fix this issue:
- Reboot your device. Sometimes there might be glitches with background processes which render the app notification process useless. Hence, rebooting the device will stop and restart all processes which might fix any issue with those glitches.
- Disable Battery Saver Mode. Battery Saver mode may temporarily disable a few app processes to save energy. Disabling it may solve the no notification issue.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Google Classroom App/Install pending app updates. Check for new updates. Reinstall the app. This might fix a buggy download.
- Check if Do Not Disturb mode is on. Do Not Disturb mode sometimes filters out important notifications. Disable it and check whether the problem is resolved.
- Check App’s Notification Settings. Sometimes the app notifications might just be disabled. Just enable it to solve the issue.
If the issue is still not resolved, users should wait for Google to come up with a fix.
Users are awaiting a fix for the Google Classroom Missing Notification bug
As described above, a fix to this bug is much awaited since it is causing a lot of difficulties among the users. Notifications are an integral part of our lives. It is not possible to be active on an application all day. Hence, the Google Classroom Notification System should be up and running for all users as soon as possible.