For many Fortnite players, consoles like Xbox and PlayStation provide a great experience. But a lot of them face the issue of Account is already linked. This article shares all the details on linking the platform with your correct Epic Games ID.
Linking and Unlinking Account with Epic Games
- From the Epic Games website, Sign In
- You will find the Sign-in option on the top-right corner
- After this, you get a range of platforms to choose
- These platforms allow you to choose your preference on how you want to sign in to your Epic Account
- This range includes Signing in with Epic Games, Facebook, Google, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Nintendo, Steam and Apple
- Sign-In using the platform of your choice. On the top right, you can see your account name.
- Click on your username, and it will bring a drop-down menu.
- From here, choose Account.
- As you open an Account, you will get to see many options on the left-hand side. This includes options like General, Payments, Transactions, Subscriptions, Password & Security, EULA History, Connections, Marketplace Seller and Redeem Code.
Failed To Link Account Fix
- Out of all the aforementioned options, select Connections.
- Henceforth, when the Connections menu opens up, you will get to see two tabs on top, namely Apps and the other one is Accounts.
- From here, you will choose Accounts.
- Upon selecting Accounts, you will see all the platforms and the option to connect and disconnect.
- So, for example, if you are already connected with PlayStation Network, you will get to see your connected username and the option of Disconnect (in a grey-coloured click box). But there are options like Steam, Nintendo, Twitch and GitHub as well.
- If you want to connect with any platform, click on Connect
- Epic Games will ask you if you want to link your account. By clicking on Link Account, it will take you to the sign-in page of the respective platform.
- Upon providing the correct credentials, your platform would get linked with your Epic Games account.
- Similarly, if you want to disconnect any linked account, click on Disconnect.
- Epic Games would ask your permission again. As the confirmation box comes up, click Unlink.
- This is how you can unlink a platform from your Epic Games account.
Keep a note of your ID. You can go to General and note down your Account ID. If the error of “Already associated with a different account” comes up, log in using the other account, and follow the aforementioned procedure, to unlink your platforms with Epic Games account.
For more gaming guides and error fixes, head here.