Valorant has risen to popularity as one of the best FPS games of 2020-21. It has correctly designed the graphics to minimize visuals of bloodshed. This is one of the reasons why the game is also safe for kids to play. It has very fast-paced gameplay. Hence, you are bound to feel the adrenaline rush during combat. Recently, a bug has surfaced that is troubling players. It is the icons turning black issue.
Players have reported that after launching the game, the desktop icons are glitching. Some of them are turning black, while others are forming unresponsive squares. It is quite common for players to assume that the issue lies with Valorant.
Cause of the black icons issue
On the contrary, this is not the case at all. This error is not at all cause by Valorant. Windows has recently rolled out the version 21H1 updates for its users. It is still unstable to some extent. We are hopeful that Microsoft will soon roll out an optimization update to fix this issue.
For the time being, there is a single way to fix this issue. You have to revert to the older version of Windows. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Windows menu and click on Settings.
- Now, go to Update and Security.
- From the options, click on view update history.
- On the top of the screen, click on Uninstall updates.
- Under Microsoft windows, locate the feature update for windows 21H1.
- Right-click on it and click on uninstall.
- Once this is completed, restart the PC as prompted.
In some cases, the uninstall option is not present right away. You can uninstall the updates in another way.
- Open up the Settings window in the same way.
- Go to Update and security.
- From the right menu, click on Recovery.
- Notice an option labeled as Go back to the previous version of Windows 10.
- Click on Get Started button below it.
The latter way has a single drawback. You cannot revert to the previous version of the update that was installed 10 days ago. This tip will temporarily resolve the issue. Just keep note of the new patch release for Windows 21H1. Then, you can get the update without any issue.