Many of you have heard a lot about Cricut. But maybe you don’t know what it is. It refers to a cutting machine which can cut many different materials for your craft projects like paper, vinyl and cardstock. Other Cricut machines can also cut thin wood, leather, fabric and many more. The machine also works in a very simple manner.
You can connect the machine wirelessly to your computer, make or download designs in your computer and then send it to Cricut for cutting. Cricut has a software known as Design Space and this allows you to make and import designs to cut with your machine. The machine has a tiny blade inside and when you have a design ready for cutting, you can fasten the desired material into a 12 inch wide cutting mat, send the design wirelessly from your computer to Cricut and then load the material into the machine. With one click of a button, your material will start cutting.
Till now, we have heard only positive things about Cricut. Yes, there is no feature which can be considered bad about this machine except the fact that it faces some issues and errors at a certain point of time. Users have complained various things related to Cricut. The main issue is being faced in terms of Make It screen. A few users said that they have faced problems in the Make It screen from a very long time. Users can easily get the design into the Cricut maker and set the lines they want to score. They can also save it after that but when they click on ‘Make It’ from the canvas, the page just keeps on loading, sometimes it happens with a preview but they never get to see a ‘Continue’ button.
The above mentioned-problem has happened for more than one time. Some users said that the one they started with had many parts and they tested it in terms of a rectangle cut with four score lines but still had to face issues. When they click on ‘Make It’ at the thumbnail view from the page with all their projects, it tries to load for a few seconds and takes the user into DS for that project. Till now, people have not been able to find out the causes for this issue. Still if the problem is bothering you a lot and you want to fix it yourself, you can follow these steps –
- Make sure that a cartridge has been loaded in the machine and it has recognized the cartridge because some buttons are not activated till a cartridge has been loaded in the machine.
- Make sure that the cutting mat has been loaded in the machine. A few buttons are not activated till a mat is loaded in the machine.
- Try to use another cartridge. If the keypad buttons are responding with another cartridge, you can contact their Member Care by chatting with them with the use of the chat icon at the bottom right. You can also call them and their Member Care team is available through phone from Monday to Friday and on chat from Tuesday to Saturday. The toll-free phone numbers are listed in their site for every location.
- Perform a Hard Reset in the machine.
- If the keypad buttons still don’t respond, contact the Member Care.