Fallout New Vegas is an amazing game both in terms of gameplay and graphical interface. However, you have the option to increase the GUI a notch up than the usual. You can do this by installing the ENB mod. Even if you don’t know anything about this mod, you can learn about it and also install the Rudy ENB mod.
An ENB is a graphics enhancement mod. This will change the colors, depth, contrast, etc of the rendered images. As a whole, this will change the visual experience of the game to a great extent.
- Go to the ENB series page and download the latest version of the mod – ENB Series download link
- Now, you have to download the Rudy ENB presets also. For this, go to the NexusMods page and scroll down. Under the files tab, click on Manual Download – Rudy ENB download link
- Once you have downloaded both the files, head over to the download directory.
- You will need zip extraction software. You can use anything like WinRAR or 7zip.
Install Rudy ENB mod
You can easily install the ENB mod by following the steps mentioned below.
- Create a folder and put both the zip folders earlier downloaded into it.
- Right-click on the ENB series zip folder and select extract here.
- Once you have extracted that, open the WrapperVersion folder.
- Select d3d9.dll, enbhost.exe, and enblocal.ini. To select multiple files, first down the ctrl key and then click on the file you want to select.
- Copy these three files.
- Now, go into the Fallout New Vegas game directory. You can find it easily by going into Steam and right-clicking on the game. Then, go into properties and click on browse. This will open the directory if you are unaware of its location.
- Paste the three files here.
- You can delete the extracted files of the ENB series as their work is done.
Install the actual mod
- Go back to the folder where you have the zip files.
- Extract the RUDY ENB in the same way.
- Open the RUDY ENB for Fallout New Vegas folder.
- Now, select all the files that are present in the ‘to Fallout New Vegas folder’.
- Copy these files and again go into the actual game directory.
- Paste the files in the actual game folder.
- If you are shown a replace prompt window, just click on yes.
- Again go back to the RUDY ENB extracted folder and open the ‘enblocal.ini you should adapt this’ folder.
- Copy the enblocal.ini and paste it into the actual game folder.
For the smooth running of the game, you need to configure the enblocal.ini file a little bit. Open the file. Now, scroll down to the ‘[MEMORY]’ section. Under VideoMemorySizeMb, put in the VRAM that your PC is using. This will ensure that the game correctly uses the VRAM, hence it won’t crash. Save the changes and you are good to go.
Launch the game and navigate to options. Under screen effects, select HDR and turn off the anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering. Press OK and then simply launch the game. The ENB mod will work smoothly.