Fallout 76 is a very popular online game from the Fallout franchise. Likewise, it is a game that is available on a variety of platforms including the PlayStation 5. Although the game is relatively popular on the console, there are issues that make the game unplayable. This article is therefore regarding some fixes as well as workarounds for Fallout 76 not working on PS5.
Fallout 76 not working on PS5: Fixes & Workarounds –
Restart your PlayStation 5 –
A simple workaround you can use to resolve issues in the game is to simply perform a reboot of your console. Therefore, perform a fresh reboot before launching the game.
Clear the cache on your PlayStation 5 –
Clearing the cache on your PlayStation 5 is a workaround that you can follow to resolve the issue. In order to fix the game not working on the PlayStation 5, you can clear the cache by following the steps below:
- Firstly, you have to press the PlayStation button on your controller to open the quick menu.
- Next up, you have to go to the right side of the menu screen.
- Then, you have to scroll to the Power icon and open the power menu.
- Now, you have to select Turn Off PS5 to shut it down and turn off the power connection.
- After doing so, you have to unplug the power cord from the console after the indicator light is off.
- Then, leave it unplugged for around a minute before reconnecting power again.
- Finally, you can turn on your console normally to clear the cache.
Change the console’s performance mode –
Sometimes performance issues can be the reason for the game not working properly. Therefore, you can go to your PlayStation 5 settings and change the performance mode to fix the issue. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Firstly, you have to open Settings on your PlayStation 5.
- Next up, you have to go to Save Data and Game/App Settings.
- Then, you have to go to the Game Presets tab.
- Finally, you have to change it to Performance mode from Game Default and restart your PlayStation.
Download and install the latest updates –
Updating the game to the latest version is the best way to maintain stability. Therefore, you can download and install updates to resolve most of the issues as well as improve performance. You can follow the steps below:
- Firstly, you have to go to the console’s main screen.
- Next up, you have to go to the top of the main menu.
- Then, you have to go to the “Games” tab and select the game. After doing so, you have to press the “Options” button on your controller.
- Finally, you have to choose the “Check for Update” option.
This was an article regarding some fixes as well as workarounds for Fallout 76 not working on the PlayStation 5. You can always keep up-to-date with Digistatement for the latest game news as well as guides.