Elder Scrolls Online is a very popular online multiplayer game on the PlayStation 5. Likewise, the game has a large player base to cater to. However, some fans report facing issues in the game where it is not working properly on their PS5 console. Therefore, this article is regarding some fixes as well as workarounds for ESO not working on PS5.
ESO not working on PS5: Fixes & Workarounds –
Restart your PlayStation 5 console –
A clean boot up of your console is sometimes all you need to fix some glitches that cause the game not to work properly. Therefore, you can simply turn off your console and launch the game after a fresh boot up.
Perform a power cycle on your console –
A fix to resolve the game not working properly on the PlayStation 5 is to perform a power cycle. Likewise, you simply perform a power cycle by following the steps below:
- First and foremost, you have to completely turn off the PlayStation 5 by holding the power button.
- Next up, you have to wait for the power light on the PlayStation 5 to stop flashing.
- Then, you have to remove the power cable and leave the system ideal for 20 minutes.
- After doing so, you can simply reconnect and attempt to launch the console in Safe Mode.
Clear the game’s saved data –
The game may also be not working properly as a result of corrupted game data. Therefore, clearing the game’s data can fix the issues. You can do this by following the steps below:
- First and foremost, you have to go to the PlayStation 5 settings.
- Next up, you have to go to Saved Data in Settings.
- Then, you have to go to Game/App Settings.
- In the Game/App Settings, you have to go to Saved Data.
- Now, you have to select Console Storage and then, Delete.
- You have to now check the box next to The Elder Scrolls Online.
- Finally, you have to select Delete and then select OK to confirm.
Download and install the latest updates –
Patch updates bring bug fixes as well as performance fixes to the game. Therefore, you have to download and install the latest updates to ensure the most stability. You can do this by following the steps below:
- First and foremost, you have to go to the main screen of your PlayStation 5 console.
- Next up, you have to go to the top of the main menu.
- Then, you have to move to the “Games” tab and select Elder Scrolls Online.
- Now, you have to press the “Options” button on your controller.
- Finally, you have to choose the “Check for Update” option from the drop-down menu.
This was an article regarding some fixes as well as workarounds for ESO not working on PS5. You can always keep up-to-date with Digistatement for the latest game news as well as guides.