Escape from Tarkov recent patch 0.12.4 did reset the strength and endurance of all players but further problems arose like the perpetual stutter in the gameplay that has annoyed the player for a long time has with this update made the game almost unplayable. A lot of players complained on the subreddit about the stutters and lag issues with this patch on a post made by Redditor StaticOG which showed a video proof of the issue.
After the developers encountered a variety of issues with the patch, they soon by today rolled out another update to fix the issues. Patch 0.12.4.6440 is available to download through the game launcher. The patch notes for 0.12.4.6440 are:
Strength and Endurance skills of those players who were able to level it up to high levels or max level have been reset.
- Fixed various exploits for levelling skills
- Fixed invisible obstacles on Shoreline
- Fixed a bug when a message about the unavailability of goods would be shown above the list of offers on the flea market
- Fixed elevator extraction on Lab
- Fixed a bug which allowed to use parts of an equipped weapon for production in the hideout
- Fixed a bug which wouldn’t let the character run even though there is available stamina for it
- Fixed a bug which caused Error 228 when folding stock on the message screen
- Fixed sound overlapping and changed siren sounds on Interchange
- Weapon modding interface now has no limits on 21;9 screen format
- Some pop-ups now appear in the middle of the screen
- Strength skill now gives an additional bonus for sprint
- Fixed a bug which wouldn’t allow a player to fold a stock of a gun when he had melee weapon in his hands
- Fixed a bug which caused the main menu to not open because of an error
- Fixed a bug with quest progress not being shown properly in following raids
- Fixed an error which could occur while completing “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” and “Mentor” quests
- Fixed texture of CAA RS47 handguard
- Fixed a bug which caused an inability to crouch when having max overweight
- Fixed a bug with inability to pick up items when wearing Slim Field Med Pack backpack
- Fixed a bug with missing items when upgrading the pre-order package
- Fixed a bug which caused a player to get stuck on a loading screen when cancelling matching
- Fixed Error 228 which occurred when you would try to put an item in the cells which were occupied by items recently used in crafting
- Fixed a bug when weapon preset wouldn’t get saved when returning to preset screen
Various minor bugfixes
Another Issue Crops Up :
With the onset of the new patch, the subreddit saw another problem with a hideout being reported. The place where you keep your items, money and everything you own is inaccessible, then it makes for a frustrating experience. Redditor vsemohouci reported that he cannot take anything from his stash, posting a photo on the subreddit. Battlestate support saw the post and was efficient with their reply.
BSG_Alexey Battlestate support says “This is not intended, we will fix it, so it will be as it was as soon as possible.
We aim for today, thanks.”
The Battlestate games also alleviated the player’s anger with a twitter post saying they have fixed the issue with a technical update.
We've installed a technical update of the client with a fix for the issue with sounds of sidestep and inability to use items from containers in crafting. Everyone needs to download the update through the launcher#EscapefromTarkov
— Battlestate Games (@bstategames) March 25, 2020