Intro scenes are the best part of increasing the hype for the game. It can cover some parts of the storyline. Sometimes, it is just for decorative purposes only. Over the years, the intro cutscenes are mainly seen in story-based video games. Well, some of you might want to skip DOTA 2 intro video.
DOTA 2 is an online multiplayer game. In this game, two teams of 5 players each battle against each other. Their aim is to destroy the enemy building known as the Ancient. You have to defend your team’s Ancient as well. Defense of the Ancients was a mod created by the community fans of Warcraft III: Region of Chaos. The latter was developed by Blizzard Entertainment. DOTA 2 is a sequel to this popular game.
Skip DOTA 2 intro video
However interesting the video is after some time it just gets boring. Well, most of you have noticed that no keyboard key is operable during the video. You have to click the mouse button to skip it. What if we told you that there is a way to permanently skip it? Here’s how you should do it.
- Before launching the DOTA 2 game, open Steam Client.
- From the menu on the left-hand side, locate DOTA 2.
- Right-click on it and click on Properties.
- Under the General tab, click on the text box for Launch options.
- Type in -novid
- In case you have any other pre-inserted commands, just put a space between the two commands.
- Now, close the properties window.
After this, just launch the game by clicking on the Play button. You will see the DOTA 2 logo and then directly jump into the main screen. The intro video will be skipped completely. For further clarification, you can check out the YouTube video by TroubleChute. He has vividly covered the steps.