Dota 2 users encountered a bug that crashed the server during a match. The results of the game also did not count. Information about this appeared on Reddit.
The thread was revealed to be related to Lone Druid and his Summon Spirit Bear ability. It is assumed that the bug occurs when the summoned unit Eul’s Scepter of Divinity is used on itself. Later, the Reddit moderators, for some unknown reason, deleted the description of the flaw, but information about it and a video demonstrating the error remained on the network.
Previously, Dota players found a blind spot on the top lane. Users noticed that due to a bug, the hero can go into the texture of the rock above the river and become invisible towards and opponents passing by. But the bug is fixed by Valve. They removed Lone Druid from the hero pool for a few hours and then it is back up again.
Lone Druid Bug Fixed- Hero is Playable Again
On the night of September 12, Valve released an update for Dota 2, in which it fixed a critical bug with Lone Druid. The developers also corrected the description of Gem of True Sight and updated localization for 13 languages, including Russian.
List of major changes:
- fixed a bug with Lone Druid, which led to a server crash;
- added the “Items” button to the item test section when creating mods;
- fixed item description for Gem of True Sight;
- descriptions for two sceptre fragments at Magnus have been translated;
- updated localization files for 13 languages.
- On September 11th, Valve removed Lone Druid from Dota 2, as players for this hero could cause a server
- crash. An error occurred when using Eul’s Scepter from the Spirit Bear’s inventory on the unit itself.
Reddit users suggested that the bug was related to the status of the Lone Druid bear, which is considered a creep-hero: according to the logic of Dota 2, he should not be affected by the artefact effect, but he can apply it to himself.
Follow Digistatement Twitter for more Dota 2 news and updates.